Home Anything Goes
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

Confetti Cannon Suggestions [MEGATHREAD]

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 2,493 Boards Champion
edited December 2019 in Anything Goes
Hey everyone!

I'm making a thread for @The Mix to help put all suggestion for the confetti cannon together in one place.

If you have any ideas, feel free to share! It can be a colour change for an event, a special day, to spread awareness, to commemorate an anniversary of something- anything.

Feel free to share your suggestions!

Take care!

Aife was here (just wanted to leave a note so you all remember me and the confetti!)
"Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
The MixAife

Comments

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,493 Boards Champion
    Millie2787 said:
    i was wondering I’ve just seen this pop up on twitter and could the confetti cannon be changed to green on 31st May ? 

Ed_Kasa2103
    edited May 2019
    May the 4th be with you! @The Mix

Image result for star wars title crawl

For tomorrow, is it not too late to have the confetti cannon black and yellow?

And to commemorate the life of Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew
    AbigailKasa2103Ed_
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,471 Boards Guru
    edited May 2019
    Oohhhh @The Mix can we have purple confetti 😍 again for carers week in June (10th -16th  ) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Ed_Kasa2103Eyepatch
  • HannHann Meme Queen MancPosts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Can we have rainbow confetti for pride? 
    Millie2787LaineAbigailJellyelephantEd_AidanKasa2103AifeSandyDaze12Eyepatch
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,165 Community Veteran
    May 9th- Gold in memory of my uncle. He loved the colour gold and his favourite motorbike was a Goldwing. The 3rd anniversary of his death is on that day too.  :'(

June 23rd- Dark blue for TheatreTrain to wish them luck for the show.

July 16th- Red, yellow, green, blue and purple for sports day at my school.

October 13th- White because I go on holiday that day and I am going to Playa Blanca  (which means White Beach.)
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    Ed_Aidan
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 449 Moderator
    edited May 2019
    May 13th - 19th Mental Health Awareness Week (green)

June 14th World Blood Donor Day (red)

September 23rd- Bi Visibility Day (using pink, purple and blue for the bisexual pride flag)
    Millie2787JellyelephantEd_AidanSandyDaze12
    @The Mix how does the confetti cannon work?

How many different colours can the confetti cannon have at the same time? Is there a limited selection of certain colours that you can use, or can you choose or create you own?
  • Ed_Ed_ Posts: 459 Community Manager
    Aidan said:
    May the 4th be with you! @The Mix

Image result for star wars title crawl

For tomorrow, is it not too late to have the confetti cannon black and yellow?

And to commemorate the life of Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew
    Gutted we missed May the 4th. I wonder if we could have got the confetti cannon to do some star wars intro scrolling up the screen. Anyone want to work on what it says for May 4th 2020?! 
    "Don't let them paint you gray. They're gonna see you're somebody, somewhere, someday. Don't ever let them take your playful heart away. Oh you're somebody nobody could replicate" ~ Roo Panes
    Aidan
    Hey @Ed that sounds like a really cool idea!

It is a period of civil war. Rebel
    spaceships, striking from a hidden
    base, have won their first victory 
    against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies
    managed to steal secret plans to
    the Empire's ultimate weapon, the
    DEATH STAR, an armored space
    station with enough power to
    destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister
    agents, Princess Leia races home
    aboard her starship, custodian of
    the stolen planes that can save her
    people and restore freedom to the 
    galaxy . . . .

• Ed_Ed_ Posts: 459 Community Manager
    Aidan said:
    @The Mix how does the confetti cannon work?

How many different colours can the confetti cannon have at the same time? Is there a limited selection of certain colours that you can use, or can you choose or create you own?
    In terms of colours, it can be any under the sun :) and we are able to have multiple different colours at a time, however we try not to have too many otherwise it may look odd. 
    "Don't let them paint you gray. They're gonna see you're somebody, somewhere, someday. Don't ever let them take your playful heart away. Oh you're somebody nobody could replicate" ~ Roo Panes
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    On Sunday 12th May it's international nurse's day so can we make it blue/white? .. as someone who has spent a lot of time in hospital and I think others can relate, it's the nurses that have the biggest impact. They're the ones dealing/supporting you 24/7 and I can honestly say I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for nurses 🤷 they've held me while I've cried, given plenty of hugs 😂 spoke with me for hours in the middle of the night, done my hair/makeup for me when I couldn't face getting out of bed.. the list could go on, basically they're just gems 😂 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Aidan
  • The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,570 Staff Team
    edited May 2019
    Just dropping in here to say thank you to everyone for the suggestions. We read and consider everything, so the more ideas the better. :)

Just a heads up that they need to be national occasions to make sure they're relevant to everyone here (although it would be awesome to celebrate your sports day with you, @Kasa2103!).

So far, we've got these dates in the schedule:

13th-20th May | Mental Health Awareness Week | Green (this shade)
    June | Pride Month | Rainbow Colours
    14th June | World Blood Donor Day | Red
    23rd September | Bi Visibility Day | Pink, Purple and Blue (for the flag)

Gutted we missed May 4th and International Nurses Day (unfortunately we won't be able to update the colours in time for this one) @Aidan and @BubblesGoesBoo, but we can definitely make time for these next year. Both very much worth some celebration, particularly our legendary nurses.

Given we seem to have a lot going on for June already @millie2787, and we already had a week of purple confetti for young carers, we'll hold off on the carers events for May and June to make sure we give enough airtime to the other stuff happening. :)

Keep 'em coming everyone - this is excellent.

Mike & the team
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Jellyelephant
    The Mix said:
    Just dropping in here to say thank you to everyone for the suggestions. We read and consider everything, so the more ideas the better. :)

Just a heads up that they need to be national occasions to make sure they're relevant to everyone here (although it would be awesome to celebrate your sports day with you, @Kasa2103!).

So far, we've got these dates in the schedule:

13th-20th May | Mental Health Awareness Week | Green (this shade)
    June | Pride Month | Rainbow Colours
    23rd September | Bi Visibility Day | Pink, Purple and Blue (for the flag)

Gutted we missed May 4th and International Nurses Day (unfortunately we won't be able to update the colours in time for this one) @Aidan and @BubblesGoesBoo, but we can definitely make time for these next year. Both very much worth some celebration, particularly our legendary nurses.

Given we seem to have a lot going on for June already @millie2787, and we already had a week of purple confetti for young carers, we'll hold off on the carers events for May and June to make sure we give enough airtime to the other stuff happening. :)

Keep 'em coming everyone - this is excellent.

Mike & the team

Damn it. I do understand that though. I know it was quite silly for me to think of those ideas- especially to do with sports day. I will definitely keep everyone updated about it on the day.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    For the 28th of September, could we have the colours of:

Content Warning

International Safe Abortion Day, a campaign for the decriminalisation of pregnancy termination worldwide, so that women have access to safely practised medical procedures

The campaign can also be referred to as September 28 for safer content

chubbydumplingThe Mix
    May 13th - 19th Mental Health Awareness Week (green)

Keep an eye out for this one today!

- Aife
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    The confetti looks great, @The Mix!
    Kathleen07Jellyelephant
  • LubnaLubna Posts: 496 Budding Regular
    edited May 2019
    Can you find out how many times the confetti cannon has been pressed? It would be interested to find out.
    Kathleen07chubbydumplingAifeKasa2103
    How about:

June 2nd - International Sex Workers' Day (red and white) 
    June 8th - World Oceans Day (blue)

<3 
    AidanThe Mix
    June 6th: 75th anniversary of D-Day 

There's no actual colour representing D-Day itself, but it could be black and white in stripes, like the invasion stripes allied aircraft were painted with.
    Image result for c 47 invasion stripes

Image result for p47 invasion stripes

Image result for p47 invasion stripes
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 2,207 Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Sham said:
    Can you find out how many times the confetti cannon has been pressed? It would be interested to find out.
    Hey @Sham we do have the option to check this which is exciting! I'll check in with our tech team and share some stats here next week!

Also thank you everyone for all of your suggestions! Keep posting any ideas you have :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Red, white and blue when it is next possible to celebrate Netherlands win on the Eurovision Song Contest.
    Aife
  • LubnaLubna Posts: 496 Budding Regular
    @Aife did you find out some stats?
    Hey @Sham

I'm hoping to get a Google Analytics account set up so I can track this! I'm meeting with our tech team on Wednesday so hopefully I can post some stats up very soon :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Hey @Sham

I'm hoping to get a Google Analytics account set up so I can track this! I'm meeting with our tech team on Wednesday so hopefully I can post some stats up very soon :) 

What's Google Analytics? It all sounds very confusing. Hope you can get the stats up :)
    Hey @The Mix are there any confetti cannon changes you can confirm are going ahead? :)
    Hey everyone,

Just an update on the confetti cannon statistics. Our tech team have set up accounts for staff to track the data but it's not currently working at the moment! They are looking into this and hopefully we'll have some data to share with you all soon. 

I'll check in with the team tomorrow @Aidan and get back to you with our confetti schedule :) 

Thanks!
    Hey everyone, 

Here's our latest confirmed confetti schedule for next month. 

10th-16th June | Carers Awareness Week | Purple
    17-30th June | Pride Month | Rainbow Colours

@chubbydumpling and @Aidan you've suggested some nice ideas for June but I'm afraid we're already doing quite a lot of changes for this month so we're just going to stick to these three. There's been a few suggestions for September, we haven't confirmed this schedule yet but we'll update you when we have. 

Keep sharing your ideas!

Aife & the team
    edited May 2019
    I'm sorry to hear there won't be a change for D-day as it's a very significant anniversary and would only be for one day, but I understand that 21 out of the 30 days in June are having confetti changes so it's very hectic!

How far in advance should we make a confetti request, to guarantee you guys can make it happen? @The Mix

I'm going to see a Saving Private Ryan showing in our local cinema, and I'm currently working on a project to colourise black and white photography from the Normandy Campaign.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,471 Boards Guru
    OMG @The Mix In love with the confetti cannon right now 😍
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Aifedavcr0ck
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 791 Part of The Mix Family
    Me tooooo I just came here to say I love the pride confetti!!!!! 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Aife