Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is 'Community Voice'?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

You've probably noticed there have been some changes to the structure of the discussion boards. Most notably, the section that was previously 'Admin' is gone and we now have an area called 'Community Voice'.

This is part of an effort to increase the ways in which you can input into what The Mix does, and generally influence the causes you care about. We're always trying to give young people more of a platform (including on this community), and this is one of the ways we're doing that.

There are three forums in Community Voice:

Change The World is for sharing ideas on how we can all help improve the world for young people, and this forum is open to both community members and staff to post in. Think of it as a space for brainstorming, theorising, and general discussion.

Represent Young People could be thought of as the new 'We Need You'; this is where Mix representatives will post about official opportunities for you to get involved in projects. That could be anything from completing an online survey to featuring in a video for The Mix.

Fix The Mix is a place to post your suggestions on how we can improve the The Mix. Those suggestions could be specific to the community, or perhaps to do with our Helpline, or any part of what we do.

We've also added a new Help Desk subforum - Bugs & Glitches. This is where you should post if something is broken or not working as it should, such as a page failing to load.

Any questions or thoughts, feel free to post below. :)

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Thanks

I'm going to post in ”change the world” i hope is okay

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Actually sorry. Maybe you could move my thread of ”should laxatives have same regulations as paracetamol?” to section ”change the world”

As i think this is a change that means to happen. I don’t know if the whole world lol and other regulations but def England and is a issue for young people too. And yeah probs already know am quite passionate about it. But yeah can't change the world by myself :( aha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    Actually sorry. Maybe you could move my thread of ”should laxatives have same regulations as paracetamol?” to section ”change the world”

As i think this is a change that means to happen. I don’t know if the whole world lol and other regulations but def England and is a issue for young people too. And yeah probs already know am quite passionate about it. But yeah can't change the world by myself :( aha
    Sure thing @Shaunie - all done. :) This definitely fits in that forum.

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.