Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wondering stuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,991 Community Veteran
as its 3 yrs ago today. Should I ask some to force themselves on me. Coz flashbacks are filling my head and I can't cope. I think if they do that I would feel better. 
What do other ppl think
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Hey Ellie,

It sounds like you're really struggling today with it being 3 years since this happened. You're doing really well to reach out for support here with us. We're all here to help you through today :)

I've found an article which you might find helpful to have a read through. There's lots tips about how to manage flashbacks. I've included a bit from the article below:

• Tell yourself that you are having a flashback. Remind yourself that the actual event is over and that you survived.
    • Breathe. Take slow, deep breaths by placing your hand on your stomach and taking deep breaths. You should see your hand move out with the inhalations, and watch it fall in with the exhalations. When we panic, our body begins to take short, shallow breaths, and the decrease in oxygen can make you feel more panicked. Deep breathing is important because it increases the oxygen in your system and helps you move out of anxious state faster.
    • Return to the present by using the five senses.
      • Look around you. Make a list of the items in the room; count the colors or pieces of furniture around you. What do you see?
      • Breathe in a comforting scent, or focus on the smells around you. What do you smell?
      • Listen to the noises around you, or turn on music. What do you hear? 
      • Eat or drink something you enjoy. Focus on the flavor. What do you taste? 
      • Hold something cold, like a piece of ice, or hot, like a mug of tea. What does it feel like?
    • Recognize what would make you feel safer. Wrap yourself in a blanket, or go into a room by yourself and close the door. Do whatever it takes for you to feel secure.

I hope you find these tips helpful in helping you through your flashbacks. Are you receiving any support outside of The Mix at the moment?

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,991 Community Veteran
    I hav therapy but they're off at the moment nd Im struggling  . How do u start a convo with Samaritans. I sometimes wanna strip in the street and see what happens. Or to put a sign round my neck 'f**k me plz'
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
    Hey @ellie2000

It can be really hard when your therapist is away, particularly when you're really struggling. I'm really glad you're posting here, I hope it's helping to talk things through here. Do you know when your next session is? How have you been finding your therapy sessions?

Samaritans are great if you want to try reaching out to them today. You can either call them on 116 123 or email them at jo@samaritans.org. If you're not sure what to say when you reach out to them, that's okay. You can just let them know that and they'll ask you some questions to help you. There's a bit of information on their website about what happens when you call them which you might find helpful to read through. How are you feeling about reaching out to them?

Stay strong <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤