We’d like to support young and young adult carers better. To improve our services, we’d like to hear your thoughts on where we should focus our efforts.

When you have 5-10 minutes, complete our short survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher. Everything you say is confidential and held in line with our privacy policy.

Notifications [suggestion]

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 948 Incredible Poster
Would it be possible to streamline notifications by having one notification per discussion, instead of one notification per reply to that discussion?

For example, if a post gets 5 replies, currently you'd get 5 separate notifications, one for each reply. I was wondering, if it's possible, to get one notification stating along the lines of 'there are 5 new replies to this post', clicking on which would take you to the first new reply.

I've recently come back to the mix after a bit of a hiatus, to 538 notifications waiting for me which gave me this idea :joy:

Cheers

Comments

• Kasa2103Kasa2103 United KingdomPosts: 648 Extreme Poster
    That sounds like an awesome idea. When I came back to The Mix after 3 months 2 weeks ago I had hundreds of notifications so something like what you said sounds much better.
    Thank you for the mods. The ones who make The Mix awesome. Thanks for all the support you've been giving. Who can live without The Mix? I'm asking your honesty. What would we be? Without a laugh and a friendly ear. For that's what I need. So I say thank you for the mods. For modding chat for usssssss.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 948 Incredible Poster
    Yeah and some other sites have a similar system, it really helps you keep track of the different threads you're subscribed to and makes catching up easier
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 2,060 Moderator
    Hey @Aidan

This would be a great feature to have. I'll check with our tech team to see if this is an option on our discussion boards and keep you updated :) 

Thanks again for the suggestion! 

Aife 
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 948 Incredible Poster
    Thanks Aife!
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 2,060 Moderator
    edited April 15
    Hey @Aidan 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Unfortunately this option isn't available on Vanilla at the moment, but we'll let them know this is a feature we're interested in and hopefully it's something they can create in the future. 

If you have any other ideas, keep posting about them to let us know. We're always looking to improve things here :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.