Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

Notifications [suggestion]

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 1,237 Fanatical Poster
Would it be possible to streamline notifications by having one notification per discussion, instead of one notification per reply to that discussion?

For example, if a post gets 5 replies, currently you'd get 5 separate notifications, one for each reply. I was wondering, if it's possible, to get one notification stating along the lines of 'there are 5 new replies to this post', clicking on which would take you to the first new reply.

I've recently come back to the mix after a bit of a hiatus, to 538 notifications waiting for me which gave me this idea :joy:

Cheers

Comments

• Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 1,907 Postholic
    That sounds like an awesome idea. When I came back to The Mix after 3 months 2 weeks ago I had hundreds of notifications so something like what you said sounds much better.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 1,237 Fanatical Poster
    Yeah and some other sites have a similar system, it really helps you keep track of the different threads you're subscribed to and makes catching up easier
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,442 Community Managers
    Hey @Aidan

This would be a great feature to have. I'll check with our tech team to see if this is an option on our discussion boards and keep you updated :) 

Thanks again for the suggestion! 

Aife 
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Thanks Aife!
    edited April 15
    Hey @Aidan 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Unfortunately this option isn't available on Vanilla at the moment, but we'll let them know this is a feature we're interested in and hopefully it's something they can create in the future. 

If you have any other ideas, keep posting about them to let us know. We're always looking to improve things here :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald TardisPosts: 93 Miniposter
    Yes please, also I don't know if this is just me, but I can't delete my notifications so it's hard to tell wether stuff s new or old 😀
    My feelings are bigger on the inside. People get me wrong.
     "Sometimes the only choices you have are wrong ones but you still have to choose"-Peter Capaldi, 12th Doctor  ❤️

Hey I found a way to get around it, I un-ticked the notification setting for threads I've participated in, and now bookmark threads which works similarly to this. And you can delete bookmarks too!

I untick this and bookmark threads I want notifications to, I found it's way easier for me!

Thankyou so much! That's a really good idea  😀
     "Sometimes the only choices you have are wrong ones but you still have to choose"-Peter Capaldi, 12th Doctor  ❤️

Just remember to look at your bookmarks instead of your notifications though otherwise it's just as messy :joy:
    Aidan said:
    Hey I found a way to get around it, I un-ticked the notification setting for threads I've participated in, and now bookmark threads which works similarly to this. And you can delete bookmarks too!

I untick this and bookmark threads I want notifications to, I found it's way easier for me!

Definitely worth doing this if you're getting more notifications than you want. :) Bookmarks are a nice solution, or otherwise tweaking your notification settings to only the most relevant stuff to you. Good shout @Aidan.     

Yes please, also I don't know if this is just me, but I can't delete my notifications so it's hard to tell wether stuff s new or old 😀

@ClaraOswald, when you go to notifcations, you should see a faint 'x' on the right hand side:

Are you seeing that too? If so, clicking on that should dismiss/delete it forever. :)

Mike & the team
    Not sure if I'm on the right page but when I click the world (notification) button then press 'all notifications' it comes up with this? Thanks for helping me out x

edited April 27
    Oh are you trying to find your notification settings @ClaraOswald ?

You need to press the cog in the corner > edit profile > notification preferences

Or notifications > notification preferences

Hope this helps!

Edit: nevermind I didn't read properly :joy: but strangely on my notifications there's no option to delete them either

@The Mix are we looking in the wrong place or is deleting notifications maybe a mod privilege?