Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Want my tonsils removed (Ptw)

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited March 2019 in Health & Wellbeing

Has anyone had it done? 
I think have to speak to my gp about it - there is nothing actually wrong with my tonsils- so im guessing would have to pay - but i just really dont want a gag reflex - for a few reasons that i wont say. - but the reason would benefit my health.  But then idek if getting them removed means youll never gag. As i know the gag relflex is there to help prevent chocking - so im just thinking that if thats the case then surely people still gag if they have had them removed
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heyy

I haven't had my tonsils removed (though I kinda considerate it 'cause I get colds really bad but that's off topic lol). My mom had hers removed when she was a kid though. I don't think it did anything for the gag reflex :/ I googled it just now and I don't think it does, sorry bud.

Dk if there's any other way to get rid of the gag reflex - there's certainly things you can do to temporarily ease it and stuff I think.

Wise idea to speak with your GP about it, that'll clear this up.

<3
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thank you @kathleen0172
    Will defintly try to find out more

cause somethin happens that i feel like i dont want to but happens anyway but dont know how to stop it. And i realllyyy hate it😭

(Edited it a lil)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww dude:( Can totally see why you want to get rid of your gag reflex then <3 I really hope there's something that can be done about that.
  • Options
    Yeah  i dont think getting ride of tonsills stops the gag reflex. But maybe would make it harder so i still kinda want it done.

But cant afford it
    Because now i want to get get my wisdom teeth removed as theyre taking forever to grow or they have grown and now just hurting cause cant grow anymore. I think maybe still growing. But anyway its giving me a massiveee headache and havent been able to eat properly and has been taking a while to eat. But internet says that costs £150 that would literally be my months wage lol😭😭😭

so basically (not relavent to the thread but dont want to spam with another discussion so hoping someone will see.

Basically now i am wondering if anyones had their wisdom teeth removed ??
  • Options
    littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    I have had all 4 out
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    I think it is hard to get your tonsils removed by the NHS if that is what you mean. I had tonsillitus about 5 times a year for 2/3 years in a row and they still wouldn't remove them!  but speak to your doctor about your concerns and perhaps they can suggest something 
    The sun will rise and we will try again