Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What made you laugh today?

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
Today I went into Poundland and right there, at the front of the shop was a jacket for £22... £22! I thought it was called 'pound' land cause everything was £1? It was really funny cause I then went round the shop and found a lot of other things that were more than £1 too. 

It gave me an idea for a positive thread. So, what was the funniest thing that happened to you today? I always love reading other people's funny stories :) 
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Oh this is an awesome thread idea :)

Funny things happen to me like, everyday probably! Today I was out somewhere and waiting for the bus home, and a bus that wasn't mine pulled up. A bunch of school kids walked past to get on it - and one of them just, purposefully, dropped a chocolate bar :confused: - and they got on the bus like they were cool for it. Lol that amused me tbh :joy: 

And haha about your experience today!
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    This is just what we need, I know I need a place for laughs. something always happens to me which is quite embarrassing but funny so I will deffo whip some out  :p:p:p
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Aidan said:
    @independent_ maybe the jacket weighed a pound? :joy:

So we've been giving our older dog medicine recently and one of our other dogs Dyson must get the impression that it's a treat.

He's been limping around today so we gave him some calpol for any pain he's in- he licked a little bit off the plate, pulled the most disgusted face and suddenly can walk fine so that had me in stitches today :joy:

Aha, I never thought of it like that. Maybe it's pound (as in lb) land. :joy: :joy:
    OMG, that's brilliant!!! Something only a dog would do!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Oh this is an awesome thread idea :)

Funny things happen to me like, everyday probably! Today I was out somewhere and waiting for the bus home, and a bus that wasn't mine pulled up. A bunch of school kids walked past to get on it - and one of them just, purposefully, dropped a chocolate bar :confused: - and they got on the bus like they were cool for it. Lol that amused me tbh :joy: 

And haha about your experience today!
    Haha, I can't believe someone would drop a chocolate bar, I mean, it's chocolate! How dare they disrespect a bar of chocolate ;) aha
    This is just what we need, I know I need a place for laughs. something always happens to me which is quite embarrassing but funny so I will deffo whip some out  :p:p :pI feel like we definitely all need to hear funny stories aha! They are great for positivity :)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I went out for a coffee today before getting a sandwich.
    I tried out my new glasses that make everything look like fish camera lense or like a VR headset. walked in a straight line but started drifting left and bumped into my brother. that was met with "the fuck you doing you absolute plebeian?!" 
    love you too Dan <3 😂

I also then got my coffee and sat down. realised i needed brown sugar, got up and came back with my sugar. realised i needed a spoon to stir the sugar in, got up and got that. 
    and then had to get up and get a fork for my cake.
    i defo got my 6000 steps today 
    😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine said:
    I went out for a coffee today before getting a sandwich.
    I tried out my new glasses that make everything look like fish camera lense or like a VR headset. walked in a straight line but started drifting left and bumped into my brother. that was met with "the fuck you doing you absolute plebeian?!" 
    love you too Dan <3 😂

I also then got my coffee and sat down. realised i needed brown sugar, got up and came back with my sugar. realised i needed a spoon to stir the sugar in, got up and got that. 
    and then had to get up and get a fork for my cake.
    i defo got my 6000 steps today 😂

Haha you certainly got your steps in there! ;)
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Watching This video on Facebook and the first one of litreally me 😂😂

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Few funny things from the last few days:

1. Last night my dad was looking at his Facebook and saw a post (which was obv fake) that said Theresa May had delayed the Brexit vote until 30th February. I told him there was no 30th February and he was having none of it, he believed it 100% and it was well funny, took me ages to convince him before it finally clicked. 

2. I was in music today and we were doing a brainstorming activity where we had to come up with the names of composers from the romantic era. Someone had written the name ‘Fanny Medalson” on the sheet, but her handwriting made it look like ‘Fanny Meditation”...me and my mate were in absolute fits for about 10 minutes. 
    This is attucally me 😂😂

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    This is attucally me 😂😂

Lol @Millie2787
    Love gavin and Stacy, truth be told
     lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I have no words 😶 😂
    edited January 2019
    This makes me laugh

Omg loolll😂😂😂😂😂love inbetweeners 

awobabobob 😂😂😂😂

https://youtu.be/fAnpi5mNN0E
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    My cat - kitties are so troublesome. He's been making me spill my dinner and trying to get under beds and being all affectionate then suddenly trying to bite my face, and all sorts like that :joy:
    The fact that I love the purple confetti so much that I just keep pressing  the button over and over to watch it fall and spin and turn 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    The fact that I love the purple confetti so much that I just keep pressing  the button over and over to watch it fall and spin and turn 
    Aw I love the purple confetti too! I've been pressing the button all day! It's so pretty with the different shades <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited February 2019
    Aife said:
    Aw I love the purple confetti too! I've been pressing the button all day! It's so pretty with the different shades <3
    @Aife is there anyway you can convince the tec team for it to stay Longer pplleeeaaassseeee ! 
    @Aife is there anyway you can convince the tec team for it to stay and like change the colour each week 😂😉
    That would be so cool! We're planning to change it on different awareness days so send in your colour requests maybe it can happen :P

Imagine rainbow confetti! That would be amazing! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    @Aife is there anyway you can convince the tec team for it to stay and like change the colour each week 😂😉
    That would be so cool! We're planning to change it on different awareness days so send in your colour requests maybe it can happen :P

Imagine rainbow confetti! That would be amazing! 
    Ohhh @Aife rainbow or Pink and purple ! What’s the next awareness day or week I can hijack lol 😂
    edited February 2019
    @Aife I did my reaserch the next one is on Thursday which is time to talk day 😂 here’s a awesome link which outlines all the mental health days or weeks  across the year 
    https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/get-involved/tackle-stigma-workplace/make-impact-your-workplace/mental-health-calendar
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I've got a similar thing going on my blog for all the mental health days,  sexuality/gender days,  etc.

If anyone needs a list or color ideas let me know A-ha 😂

It would be great to keep the cannon x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    edited February 2019
    http://trumpdonald.org/
    (you have to touch/click on it)

lol
    https://www.facebook.com/thefemaleclub/videos/734997096851736/
    AhAh Lol the girl wearing ‘sk8s” is
    funny reminds me of one of my cousins
    @Aife I did my reaserch the next one is on Thursday which is time to talk day 😂 here’s a awesome link which outlines all the mental health days or weeks  across the year 
    https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/get-involved/tackle-stigma-workplace/make-impact-your-workplace/mental-health-calendar
    This is great @Millie2787! I'll share this with the team :) 
    There’s a section of playlists on Spotify for the dark days 😂😂 think I’ve found my life in playlists 

After my blood test I just turned round and said the the HCa “ I SURIVED THE STABBING “ 😂🤦🏻‍♀️😂
    Is it bad that I find this quite funny
    lool

edited February 2019
    I just got way to excited  over the fact there’s Blue confetti 😂😂 if anyone finds my life please send it my way 😉
    Just now, my mom's dog started digging at something in my room. It was a nail file. She picked it up and ran out of the room, spun and jumped around, ran up/down the stairs like a madman. I think she wanted to play fetch with it for some reason. Idk but that was a totally random and hilarious 15 seconds of my life... Lol hahah
    All the children’s parents asking if I had just rolled out of bed because I had my PJS dressing gown and slippers on for world book day 😂