We’d love to ask you a few questions about your preferences when it comes to services and your experience with them. This will help us when it comes to shaping what our support looks like in the future. Please take our short survey for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.
(quick note; despite reading the abouts on all the forums I still couldn't decide where this should go lol, if needs moving that's fine)
Hey guys. So I'm 14 for input, and I guess I'm overall questioning who I am right now - like, what's my purpose, what do I want in life, and just generally what's my identity, if you get that. I feel it's a positive thing, though I do have confusions and worries. I don't really have anyone to talk with about this, so I just want to ask for advice/encouragement/views on the matter, as I want to start thinking about and working towards the future, and it'd help a lot
So, I think something I really want to work out is a career. I have a few in mind, but I think musician (specifically, I want to be a singer) is the thing I lean towards the most:
1) I've always loved singing. When I was a little kid I'd go outside and I'd just sing random made up stuff for probably hours. I just have a passion for singing and it means something to me.
2) I love and connect to music, and I have some musical talent.
3) Music and singing helps with stress for me. Also, I feel becoming a singer would help with my confidence.
4) Performing would be amazing and just looking at concert lights excites me and makes me feel like I have a lot to live for.
5) I generally feel it's the right path to take, and I feel it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't - kind of like other careers are just replacements/sides and I don't really belong.
But my concerns:
1) This sensitive throat thing: For some months, something's been odd with my throat. It feels strained easily, and maybe like tight/unclear, idk. And I honestly dk what's wrong with it, but it means I can't sing much, and also couldn't get a good voice... I suppose I should go to a doctor about this (even though it's kind of minor), and I assume it's nothing permanant of course?...
2) This sounds totally pathetic, but... I feel like no one's ever gonna like me (not related to being a musician, I mean in general). So, would I be able to find bandmates who valued me (cause I'd most likely be in a rock band haha)?
3) Touring would definitely be an amazing experience, but would it get too stressful, and would I have the time to do other things I'd wanna do? Also, could I handle the possible fame?
The other things I consider are doctor or vet. What I'd love (and want to do regardless of what career I had) is getting to help others. But it's a lot of training, and I just don't have the same passion as I do for musician... Well, first of all, what do you think about this and my pros/cons list? Thanks a lot