We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.
(quick note; despite reading the abouts on all the forums I still couldn't decide where this should go lol, if needs moving that's fine)
Hey guys. So I'm 14 for input, and I guess I'm overall questioning who I am right now - like, what's my purpose, what do I want in life, and just generally what's my identity, if you get that. I feel it's a positive thing, though I do have confusions and worries. I don't really have anyone to talk with about this, so I just want to ask for advice/encouragement/views on the matter, as I want to start thinking about and working towards the future, and it'd help a lot
So, I think something I really want to work out is a career. I have a few in mind, but I think musician (specifically, I want to be a singer) is the thing I lean towards the most:
1) I've always loved singing. When I was a little kid I'd go outside and I'd just sing random made up stuff for probably hours. I just have a passion for singing and it means something to me.
2) I love and connect to music, and I have some musical talent.
3) Music and singing helps with stress for me. Also, I feel becoming a singer would help with my confidence.
4) Performing would be amazing and just looking at concert lights excites me and makes me feel like I have a lot to live for.
5) I generally feel it's the right path to take, and I feel it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't - kind of like other careers are just replacements/sides and I don't really belong.
But my concerns:
1) This sensitive throat thing: For some months, something's been odd with my throat. It feels strained easily, and maybe like tight/unclear, idk. And I honestly dk what's wrong with it, but it means I can't sing much, and also couldn't get a good voice... I suppose I should go to a doctor about this (even though it's kind of minor), and I assume it's nothing permanant of course?...
2) This sounds totally pathetic, but... I feel like no one's ever gonna like me (not related to being a musician, I mean in general). So, would I be able to find bandmates who valued me (cause I'd most likely be in a rock band haha)?
3) Touring would definitely be an amazing experience, but would it get too stressful, and would I have the time to do other things I'd wanna do? Also, could I handle the possible fame?
The other things I consider are doctor or vet. What I'd love (and want to do regardless of what career I had) is getting to help others. But it's a lot of training, and I just don't have the same passion as I do for musician... Well, first of all, what do you think about this and my pros/cons list? Thanks a lot