Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mindful January

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
So at work we're doing Mindful January as a way to beat the January blues, and I thought it would be a good idea to do it on the boards too :) So everyday im going to be posting a mindfulness tip ( if I remember) so todays one is write down 5 things you are grateful for:

I am grateful for:
1) my friends and family
2) my work for being so supportive of my mental health
3) my scarf :lol: 
4) my body... it may not be where I want it to be body image wise, but I now have a body that can take me places, I can play games with my nephew and have the energy to do stuff :)
5) my senses, its something I think most people take for granted. 

Looking forward to hearing what you're grateful for :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw I love this

1- my bed 
    2- warm house with food and water
    3- my family
    4- to be able to see and have a generally good physical health
    5- my phone and iPod 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Oh this is awesome haha. 

I'm grateful for:
    My pets
    Having a really nice relative who lives close by 
    Having some musical talent
    This kind community
    Having a nice landlord
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Lovely :) 

I'm grateful for:
    - Kind people
    - Scented candles... so calming
    - A new company believing in me and giving me a new job!!
    - My partner bringing me chocolate just now
    - Being part of the Mix Community
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Love hearing what you're all grateful for :)

Todays one is go to a window/door and focus on your senses, instead of just looking at the object focus on the colours/patterns on those objects. What can you see, hear, smell, touch and taste? :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Brighten someone's day (and your own) by giving 3 people a compliment :)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Bit late for gratefulness so I'll do all if that's okay 😂

What I'm grateful for: 
    • My partner and everything he does 
    • Doggos 
    •Music
    •Getting to live (it's just so nice,  all these things I can touch,  smell,  see, listen to :) )
    •Drinks(water, pop,  juice,  love hydrating!)
    •All my nice things(comfy bedsheets,  plushies etc) 
    •The outdoors
    So much but I'd be here forever 😂

I did the focus on your senses on the bus this morning, I could see loads of beautiful nature, birds,  everyone's lives passing by me, it's interesting how buses make everything around you seem so fast,  it makes me feel calm like everyone is in a rush and not me. 
    On the way home I could smell my pasty.  This lovely perfume someone had on, like lavender! I could hear my music in my ears,  I had my first aid playlist blasting :)
    I could touch the handrail in front of me. And taste the gravy and potato from my pasty xo

As for giving 3 compliments.
    1. I complimented the shop owner for being so kind and making lush food 
    2. I ran into a girl I see in college a lot,  her boyfriend recently broke up with her so I complimented her on how aesthetic her face is,  she looks like Lara croft from tomb raider, figured it would come out creepy going off on a tangent but she knows I'm in a relationship but date guys so that helped haha  She was really happy about it I was basically telling her it was his loss, really Perked her up :)
    3. And lastly. I saw this girl with amazing fluffy bubblegum pink hair I just had to compliment! She was glad because she was doubting the choice but wow it was awesome haha 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld