We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Help us save the confetti cannon!

The MixThe Mix Staff teamPosts: 1,849 Moderator
edited January 8 in Anything goes
Hey everyone!

As some of you may have noticed, the confetti cannon has sadly been taken down :( 

We'd really like to bring it back but we're struggling to think of a caption we can put next to it! Can you help us think of some ideas so we persuade our tech team to bring it back? 

Before we had a caption that said 'Celebrate the community's 18th Birthday by firing our confetti cannon'. It's no longer the community's 18th Birthday so we need a new caption! 

Help us save the confetti cannon!

Aife & the team

las vegas party GIF by Red Bull
We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 4,861 Supreme Poster
    How about, release the cannon when you're stressed! (could be like a distraction) idk
    Idk, um.. or.... nah never mind, that's all I've got. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    The MixLucy307TheAprilFoolNetNine
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 123 The Mix convert
    Maybe something like:

"Fire off our confetti cannon to celebrate young people supporting each other online" 
    The MixLucy307independent_TheAprilFoolNetNine
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 4,861 Supreme Poster
    Ariana said:
    Maybe something like:

"Fire off our confetti cannon to celebrate young people supporting each other online" 
    Oh I love this one :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • SkiveSkive No discipline! No morality! No respect! New ForestPosts: 14,857 Part of the furniture
    When was the community 18?

On May 5th I'll have been commenting on these boards for 18 years.
  • MegglesMeggles Unicorn. Posts: 1,048 Fanatical Poster
    Erm tell them it's cool and they are lame for removing it?
    Lucy307
  • kathleen0172kathleen0172 Posts: 258 Rampant Poster
    Um... How about, "Click this button to be pleasantly surprised!"

Or, "Help us celebrate a random stranger's birthday by firing our confetti cannon"

Or, "Celebrate the awesome human being you are with our confetti cannon!"

Or, "Go on, click the button to celebrate your success!"

Or, "Click this button if you want some fun"

Or, "Click the button if you have nothing better to do with ye life"

:p haha!

Alternatively, just pick someone else's suggestion (way better idea) :joy:

ShaunieLucy307The MixNetNine
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,905 Mega Poster

Or, "Help us celebrate a random stranger's birthday by firing our confetti cannon”
    Lol this one
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
    kathleen0172
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Thanks everyone for all of your great ideas! 

We've decided to go for something simple and just have 'Click for confetti' for now. We really like your ideas about self-care and celebrating young people so we're planning to change the title on awareness days e.g. World Mental Health Day & Young Carers Day. We can also change the colour of the confetti which is exciting!

The confetti canon will be returning very soon! Thanks so much everyone :) 

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    NetNine
    Heya @The Mix  "Click here for confetti!" seems good!

I see the cannon is back now, only, when I click on it, nothing happens? I'm not bothered but I'm not sure if it's an issue others are having, so I thought I'd quickly bring that up :)

• The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Hey @kathleen0172

Do you have an ad blocker installed on your web browser? It wasn't working on mine either but it does when I disable the ad blocker. It's not blocking it on all ad blockers though so if you use a different one, hopefully it should work for you! 

- Aife
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,122 Fanatical Poster
    I don't have an ad blocker but just can't see it :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,122 Fanatical Poster
    Nevermind it's back,  don't listen to silly old me 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    @The Mix ooooooh that explains it xD Thank you!