Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

self harm

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited December 2018 in Health & Wellbeing
I harmed myself Wednesday, nd therapy is on a break. how do I be happy infront of family when everythings not ok. 

[edited by moderator]
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster

Hey @ellie2000

I'm sorry for what you're going through:( Do you want to talk more about how you're feeling? If comfortable answering, is there any particular reason you want to be happy in front of your family (tell me if I've misunderstood)?

Much love <3

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Echoing what Kathleen said.
    If you want to talk about it we're here to help you further with this(if comfortable) x

We're here for you, sending hugs ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    hey,

Just wanted to pop on to see how you are doing today?

Sorry to hear how you've been feeling, we are always here for you :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    To smile and laugh. No sadness at Christmas
    Crazy mad insane
    edited December 2018
    Should I show mum I harmed myself or not
    Post edited by ellie2000 on
    Crazy mad insane
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2018
    hey,

Does your mum know about your self-harm? Are you close? I think you have to be ready to show her that you have harmed, it has to be up too you to make that decision. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    ellie2000 said:
    To smile and laugh. No sadness at Christmas

Hm:(

About showing your mum, guess it depends on how you feel. Do you trust her and feel comfortable enough to do so? I think that it would be a good idea if you do. It may help a bit. Certainly showing someone you can trust may bring some relief. It's up to you <3

Again, feel free to talk about your feelings, I'd like to understand your situation more, but there's no pressure of course.

After I stopped the bleeding, i phoned mum And I mentioned a person who encouraged someone to rape me. Do police officers take sides coz I think they take sides of the one who has done the damage :(
    Crazy mad insane
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hi Ellie 

Sending you huge hugs , were all here for you 💖
    Aimee x
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    ellie2000 said:
    After I stopped the bleeding, i phoned mum And I mentioned a person who encouraged someone to rape me. Do police officers take sides coz I think they take sides of the one who has done the damage :(

So sorry to hear that happened bud <3 I know there's some crap ones out there, but any good police officers would take that seriously I think. And if haven't told police it's worth trying when ready.

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited December 2018
    Sorry to hear this Ellie.

Echoing what Kathleen said there are good ones out there. 
    Police officers don't take sides they do what's right so don't worry they won't take the side of the person who did any damage :)

It's positive you managed to tell your mum about it, did she react okay? Xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl

Hey @ellie2000

How are you feeling today? If you want to speak to us any more about what you're going through, please feel free to post again - we're all here for you. <3

- Lucy

Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2018
    Hey 👋🏻 

take a look at the rainbow journal - you can either buy it or request it free if your under the age of 18 - it’s a lovely book with pages to draw or write with lines - with pictures and poems written by other young people - you use it when you get the self harm urges as a type of distraction 

I’ve also been told to hold ice in the hand by my CAMHS worker she said it creates the pain  but doesn’t leave any scars or anything - also elastic bands around the wrist to ping when you get the urges x

Stay strong 💙
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    ellie2000 said:
    I harmed myself Wednesday, nd therapy is on a break. how do I be happy infront of family when everythings not ok. 

[edited by moderator]
    Hello Ellie, 

How are you doing today? I'm sorry to hear how rough things have been, exspecially around self harm, you mentioned that you were thinking about showing your mum the self harm, is your mum aware of your self harm, do you feel able to talk to her about whats been going on for you at the moment? 

Police officers don't take sides though, I can assure you, you're the victim here. TheMix have loades of resources on rape, and stories from other people you might want to look up, A good story to read is from Laura, who shares finding hope after sexual violance (https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/there-can-be-hope-after-sexual-violence-29083.html) - Keep us updated on how things are going for you, and remember, were always here for you. 

Best wishes, 
    Aurora
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey.
    Know has been a while since last posted but wanted to give my support and hope you’re doing okay today. Police don’t take sides. I hope the police will be able to help you. 

Take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AdamAdam Deactivated Posts: 25 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ellie2000 ,

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time like this! t's so brave of you to reach out to us :heart:

As Shaunie said, police are unbiased and are looking to assist/resolve in issues that may cause citizens distress. Hopefully they will be able to look into your case and provide a reasonable solution :smile:

If you need someone to talk to, The Mix helpline is great way to get things off your chest and will help in guiding you towards the support you need. Alternatively there is 1-2-1 chat where you can talk to one of team if you do not like talking over the phone :smile:

Hopefully this helps and I hope all is okay :smile:

--------
    Adam