We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Christmas hugs thread

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical PosterPosts: 4,734 Supreme Poster

Hey everyone :heart:

Christmas time can be a difficult time for people, so here at The Mix we are here for you if you need to chat about anything or get any support. So I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can talk or just offer hugs, around the Christmas period and the run up to Christmas. 

Your not alone, we are here for you :heart:

Also how cute is the picture, not going to lie, I'm a big kid at heart and love frozen :heart: :wink:  

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
Laine

Comments

• LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 861 Incredible Poster
    Love the idea Banana! 

I'll be sure to keep checking this thread for others :)
    and may even use it in the run up to the 21st
    (I'm a soppy git when I'm away from my partner 😂)

Big ol *Hugs!* to anyone who may need it now 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 4,734 Supreme Poster
    Ohh @Laine you make me smile :heart:

Hope your okay my lovely :)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Laine
    I'm great thanks Banana :) 

Bit sad about tomorrow but I'll get through like I always do x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

Millie2787
    Laine said:
    I'm great thanks Banana :) 

Bit sad about tomorrow but I'll get through like I always do x
    Aw, well we are here for you if you need to talk about anything. :heart:

• Millie2787Millie2787 WorcestershirePosts: 390 Rampant Poster
    Ohhhh big Olaf hugs - who doesn’t like a Olaf hug 😂 

Think I’m going to struggle with missing absent love ones this year 😐
    “Healing Comes from letting there be room for all of “This” to happen ; Room for grief , Room for relief, Room for Misery and Room for joy “

Aw, well we are here for you.

I feel the same, I always miss my Nanna, and more so at Christmas because she loved Christmas, I used to love seeing her smile, I miss her smile. I miss her in general.

But this thread isn't about me, I didn't make it to get support for myself, but I just hope your okay Millie, 

We are here :heart:

Millie2787
  • Millie2787Millie2787 WorcestershirePosts: 390 Rampant Poster

I feel the same, I always miss my Nanna, and more so at Christmas because she loved Christmas, I used to love seeing her smile, I miss her smile. I miss her in general.

But this thread isn't about me, I didn't make it to get support for myself, but I just hope your okay Millie, 

I get what you mean both my nanas loved Christmas -

your more than entitled to your fare share of support on here - but I get what you mean I tent to find myself giving more support than asking for it 😂

im here for you if you need itn💖
    “Healing Comes from letting there be room for all of “This” to happen ; Room for grief , Room for relief, Room for Misery and Room for joy “
    *BananaMonkey*Laine

I get what you mean both my nanas loved Christmas -

your more than entitled to your fare share of support on here - but I get what you mean I tent to find myself giving more support than asking for it 😂

im here for you if you need itn💖
    Stay strong yeah, we will both get through this :heart:

Millie2787
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,546 Mega Poster
    Wish my sister would shut the fuck up about christmas presents. I dont give a fuck. Omg. Ill just get on the 24 th lol why so stressy. Just feel like is irrating my brain and feel like hitting my head 
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
    Laine*BananaMonkey*
    Shaunie said:
    Wish my sister would shut the fuck up about christmas presents. I dont give a fuck. Omg. Ill just get on the 24 th lol why so stressy. Just feel like is irrating my brain and feel like hitting my head 
    Yeah I don't get people stressing either, they always seem to in such a panic x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

Shaunie
    Sending hugs to all those who may need them right now, 

Sorry I've been a bit quiet on here the past few days, been working and since I work 12 hour days it's quite difficult to check in on the boards, but I am off work now til Wednesday so I should be around more. 

:heart:
    Laine
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,546 Mega Poster
    Hate work as it is. But working in primark near Christmas on a Saturday. Like that is hell and no space to breath. I really don’t wanna go tomorrow it’s still busy on sundays and everyday in there and literally I literally don’t get the point in me being there when people just mess up things i fold about 5 mins later. Literally like makes me wanna cry sometimes.
    There is some comfort in what we know. Even if that is deep in depression. I think i now more understand the quote of -life starts outside of your comfort zone. 
    Laine
    Shaunie said:
    Hate work as it is. But working in primark near Christmas on a Saturday. Like that is hell and no space to breath. I really don’t wanna go tomorrow it’s still busy on sundays and everyday in there and literally I literally don’t get the point in me being there when people just mess up things i fold about 5 mins later. Literally like makes me wanna cry sometimes.
    hugs, sorry to hear your struggling with work. 

if it helps, I notice people doing that in shops and not putting things back nicely so I will put things back nicely if I notice them doing it, I hear your frustrations though. 
    Shaunie
    Yeah that sucks Shaunie, I always have to prepare before walking into a primark so I can imagine.

I always refold after I don't get people with that like you don't have to do it neatly just fold it after you touch it gahh!

Stay strong xo and if you need to take the day off then that's okay 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

Shaunie
  • MegglesMeggles Unicorn. Posts: 894 Incredible Poster
    Christmas is eating all my money I saved up. I also don't want to celebrate Christmas because this is the 2nd year anniversary my nan lost her fight with Alzheimers
    LaineMillie2787
    Sorry to hear that meggles Christmas definitely eats up people's money.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that, how are you feeling with it?  Xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"