Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly Challenge #71

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone,

This week your challenge is to post one positive thing about you day each day this week. No matter how small it might be, try and think of one positive thing that's happened in your day and share it with us all below :) 

I hope you enjoy taking part in this weeks challenge :) 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, or writing something for the newsletter, let us know over on this form.

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #71 7 votes

Podcast challenge
57% 4 votes
Finish The Sentence Game
42% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I took time out of my college work today and watched a film in bed. This was my self care for the day 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I got out of bed this morning when I was feeling really bad and knew I had to go to school after half term x
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I became an auntie again today! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I managed to wake up and get to college today despite coming home late last night and how sad I were :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Really happy right now. Really enjoyed recovery college. I made a really nice friend and got her number & am getting the buses with her to the college next week as realise we like live so close   😊😊😊😊😊. she was lovely and is first time ive actually hugged someone in like lliterally months.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I managed to go to school although I was super scared to
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I managed to eat all my dinner. 
    I mean that sounds like somethin a 5 yr old would say lol. So hopefuly not pathetic😶 . But have eating disorder & some days that is massive challenge & didnt purge. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Amazing job everyone, I’m so proud of each and everyone of you for what you have accomplished this week - your all amazing and so strong! 

(((HUGS))) 

Lauren 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come «