Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly Challenge #66

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for self care challenge quote

Hey everyone,

It's really important to spend time each day taking care of yourself, but it can sometimes be hard to find the time. So we've come up with some self-care ideas you can try to do each day this week. You can either follow the ideas we've suggested or do your own - it's completely up to you! Comment below what you've done to look after yourself each day this week. :) 

Day 1 (Monday) - Goals
Write out one short term goal and one long term goal of something you want to achieve. 

Day 2 (Tuesday) - Feel proud
Write out something that you've accomplished recently and are proud of. Take some time today to celebrate your achievement. 

Day 3 (Wednesday) - Try something new
Try something new today that's out of your comfort zone. 

Day 4 (Thursday) - Spend time outside
Even though it's getting colder and it feels like winter, spend some time outside today.

Day 5 (Friday) - Be positive
Write down one thing you love about yourself. 

Day 6 (Saturday) - Do something you love
Spend some time today doing something that you love, such as yoga, going out for a walk, reading, watching a film or anything you enjoy!

Day 7 (Sunday) - Be kind to yourself
Be kind to yourself – all day.

We hope you enjoy taking part in this week's challenge! 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #66 3 votes

Bucket list challenge
33% 1 vote
Harry Potter Quiz
66% 2 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    :heart:

I love this thread!! 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Love this challenge!

realize im a bit late with yesterdays one but instead of doing anything destructive last night I messaged my friend and she came over and we went for a long walk and had a rant about life, was much needed for the both of us! My short and long term goal is to stay out of hospital!

For today something im proud of is I am almost 2 weeks self harm free! it might not seem like a lot but it's a massive thing for me :) Celebrating with an 8 hour shift at work :lol:  
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Im quite proud that i go to group therapy and i actually contribute to it.   And speak when i feel able to and i havent stuttered that much. Get a lot of anxiety while doing it but totally feel massive achivement once i have just even gone to it. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Aw these are both really amazing achievements @BubblesGoesBoo and @Shaunie. Keep reminding yourself of everything you're proud of today <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Ive been sitting in garden for most of today with dog and went for walk. The weather is actually alright and warmish. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Went for a walk with my friend again :) in the rain (points for dedication? haha) but it was good, theres something strangely calming about being out in the rain. she normally drives everywhere now so she wanted to go for a walk like the 'good old days' so we spoke about our best memories growing up and it was kinda self care by realizing throughout the shit of the years there have been some good times :) spending the evening looking through my photo albums about the best times in my life :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Does being kind to myself mean I can phone into work sick? :lol:  

Made a playlist of all my fav and motivational songs for when im struggling so gonna be listing to that while I work and power through it so I can *hopefully* get an extra tea break :) then going to do some colouring/writing after work, or something else I enjoy :) 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    My days are all over the place - I somehow managed to do Wednesdays task on Thursday by I was asked to teach a small group of the newest Cadets CPR st St. John - I had help from another one of the cadets and we co-taught them about using D.R.A.B.C and the differantion between what to do an Adult,Child,Infant and somone who you’ve pulled from drowning and then went through recovery position 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Thanks so much everyone for taking part in this weekly challenge! It's been so nice reading through your comments. Keep finding time to look after yourselves. Self-care is so important <3