Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Moths - I hate Them

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've left my window open to let in some air and stuck a fan next to it to create some breeze and this stupid moth has flown in and was attracted to the light on the ceiling - 3 very hot Halogen bulbs on a dimmer - so I turned up the light to make it nice and hot and what happens?

The stupid moth touches it, spins down - flys back up - touches it - back and forth and eventually spirals down and down like a little helicopter and where does it land?

... In my drink

.. Don't know if I can drink form this cup again!!!

:(

Comments

• Options
    My cat is obsessed with catching these and eating them. :/ and butterflies.

Its funny watching her dart about in the garden tbh.
  • Options
    i have just had to get my boyfriend and housemate to chase a huge (and i mean HUGE - it was about the size of my palm) spider out of my room.

they bother me 2000 times more than moths.
  • Options
    Bah! Sissies! The lot of you! They won't harm you. Mind you, they bug me when they're flying around my head, and will meet a swift death if have half a chance.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I hate spiders, flies and moths. Awful things :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Bah! Sissies! The lot of you! They won't harm you. Mind you, they bug me when they're flying around my head, and will meet a swift death if have half a chance.

Mr_Wobble ;)

I get those tiny moths heading straight for my computer screen if all the other lights are off - now that's annoying - but I just brought down mu Insect killing light from the loft and turned it on - still works !!

It's got a purple light with an electric grill around it and when they touch the wires they fry!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I get those tiny moths heading straight for my computer screen if all the other lights are off - now that's annoying - but I just brought down mu Insect killing light from the loft and turned it on - still works !!

It's got a purple light with an electric grill around it and when they touch the wires they fry!!

i love bug zappers there funny lol:)
  • Options
    My dog loves eating moths. But he's a small dog so he takes ages to chew 'em up. It's horrible to watch.
  • Options
    I hate moths. I always try to get my dog to eat them, but she won't, I think she's scared of them too.

Oh and never try to flush a moth down the toilet, they're too clever for that. they hide under the seat and scare the pants of you next time you go to the loo!!
  • Options
    I have two kittens that like to bring in moths and buterflies. Its actually quite cruel the way they get them, carry them in, and then just play with them, not letting them escape.

My kittens are evil!

But I like moths - I think they're cute
    they're so small
    and delicate
    and pretty
    :)
  • Options
    I hate moths too - spiders are fine, they eat flies which are also annoying as are wasps. The worst insects are those tiny tiny things which fly about in front of you and you can't catch them but always think you can.

Anyway, there's no flying insect a can of Raid won't take care of if you target them a lot, although some flies then do kamikaze dives at you. But it's worth it! :lol: *mwahahahahahaha*
  • Options
    I love moths, spiders, snakes... anything freaky.

I think craneflies are ugly. they have funny faces and long dangly legs that they got no control over.:yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    I love moths, spiders, snakes... anything freaky.

I think craneflies are ugly. they have funny faces and long dangly legs that they got no control over.:yuck:
    Try catching one by the wing and watch it flap madly and try and pry itself free with its legs - it won't be able to.

I suppose that's really mean, but it's fun to watch, and it doesn't seem to hurt the thing at all.
  • Options
    i don't really like moths but i love butterflies -i think its coz theyre pretty (tut..so shallow)

we had a HUGE spider in the bathroom, bout the size of my palm too. we usually just hoover them up
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i don't really like moths but i love butterflies -i think its coz theyre pretty (tut..so shallow)
    :nod:

I love butterflies, they're beautiful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by a badSTAR
    :nod:

I love butterflies, they're beautiful.

Well their wings are pretty .. but if you look at the actual insect it's aint that pretty!!
  • Options
    I hate moths but they aren't the worst, they don't sting you like bee's and wasps.
  • Options
    My brother's scared of moths. :confused:

I might throw one at him later.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    Oh and never try to flush a moth down the toilet, they're too clever for that. they hide under the seat and scare the pants of you next time you go to the loo!!
    But if you've flushed it down the loo, then how can it come back? Unless, when you sit on the loo, it's flying out of somewhere else?? :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    ....Erm... such as the laundry basket. :blush:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    But if you've flushed it down the loo, then how can it come back? Unless, when you sit on the loo, it's flying out of somewhere else?? :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)

that's just it, they're sneaky. you can't physically flush it down, it just won't go. it kind of bobs on the surface, then hides under the seat! or maybe i just had a mutant moth in the house??
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing

If he's a younger brother, then I approve (I have one of them younger, pain in the arse, brother... things). :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I hate moths and basically any kind of bug. When I was little , me and my sister were watching Peter Pan and I said I wanted to learn how to fly and she said that all I had to do was get a moth and get the pixie dust from its wings and put the dust on my head. i was such a gullable little guinea pig. :(

*trys to count how many times she found a moth, took off the dust and put in on her head*

*panics cuz she probably has villages of bacteria moth dust living in her head*

*runs to the shower to wash hair out again*
  • Options
    I love moths.

They are beautiful. Although I used to try and catch them and trap them when I was younger because I was fascinated by the silvery residue and I'm sure they didn't appreciate the paralysis and the consequent death.

Not as beautiful as butterflies though.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who says "ooh a butterfly - pretty" and watches them in a moronic, happy trance whilst dropping everything I'm holding. :\
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    I love moths.

They are beautiful. Although I used to try and catch them and trap them when I was younger because I was fascinated by the silvery residue and I'm sure they didn't appreciate the paralysis and the consequent death.

Not as beautiful as butterflies though.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who says "ooh a butterfly - pretty" and watches them in a moronic, happy trance whilst dropping everything I'm holding. :\

i love the way moths wings shine and glissen over a lake or river on a clear night when there attracted to the moons reflection it so pretty:) *soppy huh*
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing

:no: evil evil bitch
  • Options
    I DON'T BELIEVE IT...

I went downstairs to get something to eat - saw some leftover stuff so started heating it in a pan and guess what flew by and landed right in the cooking pot??
  • Options
    I DON'T BELIEVE IT...

I went downstairs to get something to eat - saw some leftover stuff so started heating it in a pan and guess what flew by and landed right in the cooking pot??

um, a parrot?
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    um, a parrot?

NO CHEESE
  • Options
    Actually it was a little moth - anway I was hungry so fished it out and took the food from the oposite end of the pan and won't tell anyone what happened so they can finish it off!! :D
  • Options
    Actually it was a little moth - anway I was hungry so fished it out and took the food from the oposite end of the pan and won't tell anyone what happened so they can finish it off!! :D

So scandalous. . . so scandalous

If anyone throws up (which I dont know why they would) from the food, ill know who to blame. :p;):)