Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

No more email alerts when settings on.

Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
edited January 2023 in Help Desk

Hi,

title says it all, I no longer get any email alerts for new messages on my chats etc. even though my settings are on? It's been going on for ages prob since June.

Any ideas?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Think might be same for everyone.
    Though I did flag it to the mix when it did start & they said they have same issue or something. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I don't get email alerts, because I switched off notifications from flooding my inbox.

I suggest you check your settings to check which ones are ticked, In_me. Might be that. :)
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018

Hi,

title says it all, I no longer get any email alerts for new messages on my chats etc. even though my settings are on? It's been going on for ages prob since June.

Any ideas?

Assuming your notification settings are all in order, there's a good chance this is a bug. A few people have mentioned this to us and the team are looking into it - we're hoping to have it fixed soon. Realise this is pretty inconvenient, so thanks for bearing with it.
    Thanks for raising the issue anyway - never hurts to give us a nudge. :)
    Mike

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Floxy said:
    I don't get email alerts, because I switched off notifications from flooding my inbox.

I suggest you check your settings to check which ones are ticked, In_me. Might be that. :)

Hi thanks for that. I've double checked, and it's ticked.  Not to worry :)
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Im having the same issue, boxes are ticked but emails have stopped :/ 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Happens to me as well
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    im having the same issue - is annoying cos i always miss inbox messages I get 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know our tech team are still looking into this. Hopefully it's something we can fix. We will keep you updated :) 

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Thank you Aife
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Thanks Aife
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update you all and let you know email notifications have now been fixed :) 

- Aife

Thank you
    Thanks
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @The Mix.  I’ve noticed that lately I haven’t been getting any email notifications for the things I’ve got ticked like PMs ? 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @The Mix.  I’ve noticed that lately I haven’t been getting any email notifications for the things I’ve got ticked like PMs ? 

Hmm, thanks for letting us know @Millie2787. Is it just PMs or email notifications as a whole?

Mike & the team

edited November 2018
    The Mix said:

Hmm, thanks for letting us know @Millie2787. Is it just PMs or email notifications as a whole?

Mike & the team
    h@"The Mix" it’s notifications a a whole 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    The Mix said:

Mike & the team
    h@"The Mix" it’s notifications a a whole 
    Aah, okay it looks like we've found the issue. Thanks for mentioning it @Millie2787 - we'll get it fixed asap. :) 

Mike & the team

@The Mix this seems to be happening again 
    Hey @Millie2787 thanks for letting us know! I've reported this to our tech team :) 

Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

- Aife

Hey everyone,

Email notifications have now been fixed :) 

- Aife

@The Mix. It’s doing it again 😂
    @The Mix. It’s doing it again 😂

We'll see why this keeps happening, and hopefully fix the thing that keeps breaking email notifications... thanks for bearing with us. :tongue: 

Mike & the team

@The Mix Pretty sure it’s just me it keeps doing it to 😂

@The Mix have the found anything ? 
    Good question - thanks for the nudge @Millie2787. :) 

Looks like the email notifications were fixed around when you flagged this (though we forgot to let everyone know 🙄), but we're not sure why they keep breaking. If it happens again, do keep flagging it so we're aware - we'll get to the bottom of it eventually. :tongue: 

Mike & the team

The Mix said:

Looks like the email notifications were fixed around when you flagged this (though we forgot to let everyone know 🙄), but we're not sure why they keep breaking. If it happens again, do keep flagging it so we're aware - we'll get to the bottom of it eventually. :tongue: 

Mike & the team
    @The Mix they errrr never fixed for me 🤦🏻‍♀️, I’ve veen checked in my preferences and it’s lost 
    The Mix said:

Mike & the team
    @The Mix they errrr never fixed for me 🤦🏻‍♀️, I’ve veen checked in my preferences and it’s lost 
    @Millie2787 Oh! That's not good... do you mean you've lost the option for them or you've got them enabled and they're still not working?

Mike & the team

@The Mix I’ve got them enabled and there still not working 🤦🏻‍♀️
    edited February 2019
    Hmm... how weird @Millie2787. They seem to be working for us. Just to rule out the obvious things, you've double checked your settings and checked your spam folder? 

Mike & the team

edited February 2019
    The Mix said:
    Hmm... how weird @Millie2787. They seem to be working for us. Just to rule out the obvious things, you've double checked your settings and checked your spam folder? 

Mike & the team
    Ok      @The Mix    " turns out they’ve been going into my junk mailbox which is strange when it hasn’t done before 🤦🏻‍♀️
This discussion has been closed.