Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly Challenge #62

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Related image

Hey everyone,

Isn't it cool we've been doing these weekly challenges for over a year now?! This week's challenge is the Song Lyrics challenge

How this challenge will work is that you have to guess the song from a few lyrics in someone post. Here's the first one:

Im on my way, driving at ninety...

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas! If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

- Aife
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #62 8 votes

Emoji word guessing game
62% 5 votes
Unscramble the word game
37% 3 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Hey, 
    Sorry. just quickly wondering what you mean by “emoji word guessing game” like you put 👕 and thats clearly a top? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Castle on the hill- ed Sheeran 💜💜💜💜💜
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I will not give you up this time..... 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie that's a great question! I should have explained that a bit more :P So it's a bit like the movie emoji game we did last week, but instead of guessing movies you have to guess a phrase. Like this one here, the answer would be puppy love :) 

Related image
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Perfect - ed sheeran 

This is a little hard ... There's nothin' where we used to lie .... 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Abigail said:
    Perfect - ed sheeran 

This is a little hard ... There's nothin' where we used to lie .... 
    Torn- Natalie Imbruglia 
    I still miss you babe, and I don't.. 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Aerosmiths - I don't remember the title of the song. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Abigail said:
    Aerosmiths - I don't remember the title of the song. 
    Your right with the artist, it's I don't wanna miss a thing 
    Isn't it cool we've been doing these weekly challenges for over a year now?!
    Omg a year has gone so fast. 

“But you didn't have to cut me off
    Make out like it never happened and we were nothing...”

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Isn't it cool we've been doing these weekly challenges for over a year now?!
    Omg a year has gone so fast. 

“But you didn't have to cut me off
    Make out like it never happened and we were nothing...”

Somebody that I used to know- gotye
    That's a chance I gotta take, chance I gotta take... 
    no idea, is it a well known song? But Ill just guess the song is called - Thats a Chance I gotta take.  ?
    Shaunie said:
    no idea, is it a well known song? But Ill just guess the song is called - Thats a Chance I gotta take.  ?
    Let's maybe remove my post I cant even remember the song now... Oops
    "With nothing left inside, together we cry"
    Coldplay - we cry.  ?
    Shaunie said:
    Coldplay - we cry.  ?
    Ah I don’t think Coldplay have this song, so either them or the script
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Coldplay - we cry.  ?
    Ah I don’t think Coldplay have this song, so either them or the script
    The script yeah, remembered that song hahahaha. 
    Aha

”would you take the wheel,
     if I lose control....”
    Shaunie said:
    Aha

”would you take the wheel,
     if I lose control....”
    One of my favourite songs, Jess Glynne- take me home

" my friends had you figured out, they saw what's inside of you "
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I love Castle On The Hill
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Pretty sure I read/sang this in my head, over 10 different ways - before it clicked ahah

Ghost - Ella Henderson 

I love you when you're singing that song and
    I got a lump in my throat 'cause
    You're gonna sing the words wrong”
    Shaunie said:
    Pretty sure I read/sang this in my head, over 10 different ways - before it clicked ahah

Ghost - Ella Henderson 

Yeah that's right. 
    Shaunie said:

Ghost - Ella Henderson 

This one is Riptide! 
    it is @Aife !

Who's gonna walk you through the dark side of the morning?
    Who's gonna rock you when the sun won't let you sleep?”
    It Aint Me - Selena Gomez & Kygo!

"before you go, there's something I want you to have"
    "Oh, it's beautiful! But wait a minute, isn't this?"
    "Yeah, yes, it is."
    "But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
    "Well, baby, I went down and got it for ya"
    "Aw, you shouldn't have"

Aife said:
    It Aint Me - Selena Gomez & Kygo!

"before you go, there's something I want you to have"
    "Oh, it's beautiful! But wait a minute, isn't this?"
    "Yeah, yes, it is."
    "But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end"
    "Well, baby, I went down and got it for ya"
    "Aw, you shouldn't have"

Oooooops I did it again, Britney spearssss 
    Oh life goes on, and it's only gonna make me strong it's a fact, once you get on board take it back cos you can't go back..... 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Oh life goes on, and it's only gonna make me strong it's a fact, once you get on board take it back cos you can't go back..... 
    Life goes on ? Can't remember who sang it though ...

'I won't fade away, be forgotten or just cast away, this life is mine to live, I won't fade away, I am lost inside this endless haze of life, but this life is mine to live' 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''