Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly Challenge #61

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for emoji

Hey everyone,

It's time for another weekly challenge! This week the challenge is to guess the movie title from the emojis! Feel free to post you're own too!

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas! If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

Here's the first one!
What is this movie
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #61 6 votes

Song lyrics challenge
83% 5 votes
Guess the word with emojis
16% 1 vote
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Bridesmaids ? Though i dk cause i thought there was 5 bridesmaids? So im just basing it on the wedding emoji & poop emoji lol 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Shaunie Yayy that's right! It's bridesmaids my favourite film!

What is this movie
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited August 2018
    Frozen!

Could we ask one, -(if i was to think of one, -not that i have one in mind)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited August 2018
    Ah im just gunna post one anyway(sorry)

this is my faviourate film. (Incase some emojis dont work on laptop; i write in memos & screen shot it instead)

Hey @Shaunie

Ooh this one is so hard! Can you give us all a hint? 

Is the first word neighbour? 

edited August 2018
    Aha is probably hard cause i didnt do it very well lol. 

Is not really about neighbours ah but its a disney film (that was fairly recent)

Ooh is it inside out? 
    Aife said:
    Ooh is it inside out? 
    Ah aw yeah it is!
    Yay that's a great film! If you have any more for us to guess, feel free to post them. 

Here's another one

What is this movie
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @Aife is that- Life of Pi?
    This is a fun game :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    edited August 2018
    Here's a Netflix series I've been watching 
    👹🧔 😭👶 
    (I checked on android and the emoji look the same)
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    edited August 2018
    Eyepatch said:
    Here's a Netflix series I've been watching 
    👹🧔 😭👶 
    (I checked on android and the emoji look the same)
    Heya @Eyepatch !

Think i maybe completly wrong but is this The Let Down?
    @Shaunie, nope sorry I don't know what The Let Down is. Here's a clue- it's an animated series.
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    👸 👗 👹 🤴 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    @Thoughtsy Beauty and The Beast?
    Eyepatch said:
    @Thoughtsy Beauty and The Beast
    Yes, well done. I couldn’t think of anything else 👍 
    Here’s another one! 

👦⚡️👓
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Aife said:
    Here’s another one! 

👦⚡️👓
    I actually know this one ... Harry your a wizard. Harry Potter. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Greece Lightning 😂😂 no idea Aife
    How did I not know 😂 Shows how little I watch films 
    That's right its Harry Potter! You were close Thoughty with the lightening haa :P 
    This is also one of my favorite films. Id be quite happy if someone guesses it, but lol dont think it makes sense 

1️⃣2️⃣⏱   🚔❌   🔫🗡✅

Shaunie said:
    This is also one of my favorite films. Id be quite happy if someone guesses it, but lol dont think it makes sense 

1️⃣2️⃣⏱   🚔❌   🔫🗡✅

I’m not sure Shaunie, maybe a hint? 
    edited August 2018
    Ah um, is an american horror film. 

Dont think that makes it much easier aha
    This one is tricky! Is the first word something to do with 12 hours? 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The purge? If it is I love those films lol
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited August 2018
    Ah yay yeah @BubblesGoesBoo
     is The Purge.
    @Aife is to do with 12 hours -of all crimes legal. 
    Ooh good guess Bubbles! I haven't seen that film :P You're really good at making them Shaunie!

Here's another one...

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Aife said:
    Ooh good guess Bubbles! I haven't seen that film :P You're really good at making them Shaunie!

Here's another one...

I've been googling and I don't have a clue, even google doesn't know. lol! I wonder what film it is. :P
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2018
    Aife said:

Here's another one...

Lady and the tramp? I know it's a Disney movie I've never watched. 

🐷🕸 

(Samsung emoji) 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.