Mark as read in inbox?

AidanAidan Clever idiotPosts: 1,129 Fanatical Poster
Is there a button in the inbox to mark every message as read? It's saying that every message I've ever gotten is unread, and I can't be bothered to open every single one to make the notifications go away :joy:

3.6, not great, not terrible
Laine

Comments

• LaineLaine Llama Mama Posts: 1,283 Fanatical Poster
    Hi Aidan!  :)

I'm not sure if there are any mark as read buttons as I so far have not seen any. 

A mod will likely get back to you soon about this and if they tell us that there is such button I'll be sad because I spent a good 10 minutes clicking on them all 😂

Best wishes x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"I will make you believe you are lovely!" ~ TOP

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,269 Community Managers
    edited June 2018
    Hey @Aidan

Unfortunately there's not an option to mark all messages as read. We have the same problem on our account too! The only option at the moment is to open them one at a time. Hopefully it doesn't take you too long to go through them all. :) 

- Aife 
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Noob
    Hey @Aiden

What could help though is clicking Mark Forums Read which is on that thick blue line at the top of the page. I do this to restrict the notifications springing up on boards that I have either no interest in, or choose not to read in case I get triggered. Also I choose not to read some topics, so later I'm not notified of any new messages that people make on them. You may find this helpful.

I'm driven by self doubt.
    Aife
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,269 Community Managers
    Thank you @Floxy!

- Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 1,129 Fanatical Poster
    edited June 2018
    That button's so useful Floxy, I always use it when the 'what's new' page gets too... old :joy: 
    Edit: never mind, on the new boards marking all as viewed doesn't even clear the 'whats new' page for you anymore, guess I'd better start reading then xD

But a button I was looking for was one that marks your PMs as read. My inbox is bugged, it has all of my seen messages marked as unread and I have to open them individually to get rid of all 40 notifications. I was wondering how I could mark them all as read in one go.

The old boards were ancient and could still do that :joy:
    3.6, not great, not terrible
    [Deleted User]
    A good way to mark them all as read is to get yourself a can of Pringles and some chocolate of your choice,  pair it with y oh r favorite drink and get clicking!

With some good tunes and (not so light)  snacking you'll be done in no time 😂😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"No one else is dealing with your demons, meaning maybe defeating them could be the beginning of your meaning friend" ~ TOP

Mike
    One sure way of not having to read all the (hundreds maybe?) notifications is simply click on the number and they disappear in a - poof! All gone, no more, inbox messages an' all. Had to do this last week when feeling so rough. Good excuse methinks. :p

Enjoy ya Pringles, @Laine. Not sure though if they'll taste better when sprinkled with Van H's cocoa though ;)
    Not Texas BBQ I think no 😝😂

Surprised to see how many people sell Van H's cocoa actually! Gonna pick some up next week :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

Laine said:
    Not Texas BBQ I think no 😝😂

Surprised to see how many people sell Van H's cocoa actually! Gonna pick some up next week :)
    I'm sure there's a chocolate truffel recipe in this board were they were plonked into Van H's cocoa and come out resembling lumps a browny coloured coal. mmm I could just chomp on one right now, so moreish. <3