Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Photo thread

13»

Comments

• ElsieeElsiee Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    edited April 2020
    @Liam nice piece of history there do you know if they survived the war? what do you plan on doing with them? also is that a number 8 on the star what does that mean ?
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Elsiee said:
    @Liam nice piece of history there do you know if they survived the war? what do you plan on doing with them? also is that a number 8 on the star what does that mean ?
    My great great grandpa survived the war. I have his discharge letter. He was injured and went blind in one eye and was honourably discharged. 

My great great great grandpa survived

I think that my great 5 grandpa survived world war 1 I can’t find any records which say that he died I searched archives and war records but I can’t find anything.

Yh it’s an 8 it means 8th army he was a desert rat in ww2. I don’t know much about the war though but has been keeping me busy researching family 

Me and dad going to put them in a frame with all the pics we have of them at war 

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited April 2020
    @Aidan lol as long as he was happy😆🍻 

WW1 medals were all named around the rim. For some reason they didn’t put names on medals in WW2 but if ever you wanted them back in the family you could search for them using his name and just buy them back. It may be tricky to track them down though and might cost a few squid. A war expert told me that when we found out that one of our WW1 medals were missing. 

I have some pics of my great grandpa in WW2 hes the one with the moustache and usually had a pipe hanging out his mouth lol

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Got a mental health journal from my wishlist 🤗😁💖

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix