Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Post of the month - January

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

It's time to vote for January's post of the month. :yippe:

Here are the nominations:
1. @Jellyelephant post in 'TW - suicidal idealiation'
Hey shaunie,

Thanks for writing on my post, sorry to hear you are feeling the same way :( I don't have any solutions or any great ideas, but I am currently trying to just take it a day at a time or sometimes even an hour at a time. I take a walk, or watch tv, or put some music on to just try and keep going. Maybe you can do the same. Have you got anyone you can talk to? Even at a helpline? That can help sometimes.

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you, and I hope things are feeling a little better soon. Until then, take good care of yourself

xxx

2. @Azziman's post in 'Coursework & expectations'
Azziman wrote:
Hi @Abigail!x

Don't apologise - it's definitely okay to talk about your feelings! To be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter what your parents think you should do, because they aren't doing the course! You should do what you think is best for your best performance. It would be nice to explain to them why doing things your way are the best, but I appreciate you're strapped for time so it's not a priority.

In regard to your work, breaking it down into smaller pieces may be helpful. A couple of pages a day, and you've typed the 12 page document within a week. That leaves you a nice cushion of time to do the essay. I don't really know if that would work to be honest, but the idea of breaking it down is what I'm trying to say :D

You're not a failure. You are cut out for this. You've studied for so long, you've found something you'd like to study, you're working hard and clearly care about your work being great quality, as @Seven said. That's better than many of the students I've come across. I know all this work can be really overwhelming, but don't let it make you forget who you are. You're not some student who's being overcome by work. You're Abigail, a courageous and determined maturing girl that can take on any challenge and smash down barriers! You're much better than you give yourself credit for, so celebrate yourself, because you are capable of doing this, and doing it well!x

Much love <3

3. @One-in-a-million One-in-a-million 's post in 'Scared we wont end well should we still date?'
Hey how are you tonight :)

I like to think our future is what we make it and it&#146;s our actions that shape us into who we are. Despite that no one can really tell what the future holds but we can put things in place to help guide us to where we want to go.

Just try to relax about how you feel the future will be because it&#146;s the &#147;now&#148; we need to focus on. Enjoy being with her now and let both your actions together form the paths you will take.

That being said have you spoken to her about your concerns, thoughts and feelings? I find being open and honest does help quite a lot.

Hope this has helped some

Emma

4. @BubblesGoesBoo 's post in 'Life'
Yes, yes you can carry on, this too shall pass :heart: what's made you feel like this? something i always remind myself off on bad days is "you've survived 100% of your bad days, you can survive this too" :heart:*hug*

5. @Abigail 's post in 'Introducing myself to the mix'
Hi there,

Welcome to the boards. Hope you gind it more helpful.

Its hard to find support, sorry that no one will take you to see your gp/doctor i am not sure if this is the same for you but you are aload to book doctors appointments without your parents being there and you can attend them unacccompanied.

Depression and other illness can be quite scary especially when your quite young. Do have a look round the site there are lots of useful articles and information on here.

You are not alone.

Sunday to thursday we have support chats and general chats on at 8pm till 9:30pm if you would like to join them. They are a great way to get to know people and seak support at the same time. Heres the link to the page - http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

Hope to see you round

Abi

Make sure to vote on your post of the month winner and keep an eye out for posts to nominate for this month! You can nominate a post by reporting it and putting 'POTM' as the reason!

All the best,

- Aife & the Community Team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the month - January 9 votes

Jellyelephant
33% 3 votes
Azziman
11% 1 vote
One-in-a-million
0% 0 votes
BubblesGoesBoo
11% 1 vote
Abigail
44% 4 votes