Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MHAW: Mental health & relationships

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
tumblr_mbhutvvtzi1r81wtbo1_500.gif
[Tumblr]

It's mental health awareness week! So...

Mental health issues and relationships can be a tricky cocktail, with often very polarised possible outcomes. Sometimes they can be what brings you closer to someone and intensify your love for your partner, and sometimes they can be like water and electricity; a disastrous mix. Other times, the combination can result in a bit of both.

I don't mind sharing that, for me, my first relationship that actually meant something proved to be a massive learning curve for me regarding mental health. I learned a lot, but it often felt like that process (trial and error, etc) came at my other half's expense, even though I know I did what I could with what I knew at the time. Overall, I think the relationship turned out to be quite intense (in both negative and positive ways).

Do you guys have any thoughts or personal experiences when it comes to mental health and relationships? Do you think struggling with mental health issues could bring you closer to someone you love, or is liable to push you apart? Would be great to hear your thoughts. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

MHAW: Mental health & relationships 10 votes

Mental health issues make relationships harder
20%
UnknownJacob101 2 votes
Mental health issues bring us closer
30%
AifeJustVMaisy 3 votes
Both
40%
UnknownJamesUnknownUnknown 4 votes
Other (tell us more, below)
10%