Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is social media good or bad for your mental health?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Just spotted this blog on Huffington Post and thought it was worth sharing and doing a quick poll on what you guys think? Is social media good or bad for your mental health?

Attachment not found. OR Attachment not found.

This quote from the end of the blog seems to sum up the author's opinion..

Yes and no. You can create virtual networks of support that are comforting and even empowering, but too much tweeting, posting etc. creates heat in an already hot brain and can make you feel mentally unwell, it's finding the balance. Don't let social media control you, a little bit is ok, sharing is good, too much can send you over the edge.

What do you reckon? Would be interesting to hear about your experiences of social media and whether it has impacted your mental health in a good or bad way?

Personally, I know one thing social media is great for is connecting with friends and that has a positive impact on my wellbeing. What it's bad for is not being able to switch off properly, and feeling the need to scroll through newsfeeds late at night! Maybe I need to put it on charge overnight in another room..

:chin:

Is social media good or bad for your mental health? 4 votes

Good
0% 0 votes
Bad
0% 0 votes
A bit of both
100% 4 votes