Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month March - *Poll now closed - Winner announced*

SarahRSarahR Posts: 213 Trailblazer
Happy Good Friday! It's time to vote for Post of the Month March.

Skive was the winner of POTM February for their sage reflection on the topic of love.

Keep your nominations coming in for next months POTM also! (To do this, simply click the 'nominate' button at the top of the post you want to nominate).

Here are the nominations for March:

butterfly123 nominated MikeS for this post in The 'I need a hug' thread
MikeS wrote: »
Remember not to live to support other people. They really won't mind if you need some time to focus on you (particularly if they love you). Self care is just as if not more important. Moreover, you can take better care of others if you're in decent shape, yourself. :yes:

baa ram ewe nominated Hannisnotonfire for this post in Last post
I saw a picture on tumblr the other day saying the things we spend our lives on the most are things with blue logos, aka twitter, skype, tumblr, facebook. I just realised TS has a blue logo too :O

butterfly123 nominated StrubbleS for this post in Broke up with girlfriend. Bad at coping.
StrubbleS wrote: »
The bad news is, this shit hurts. It's like you are going through withdrawal. It is actually quite a lot like that.

The good news is, (almost) every single person goes through this sometime or another and pretty much all of them turn out fine. It won't kill you and you will get over this. It might not feel like it right now, but as little as you can imagine this whole pain going away, in a couple of weeks or months (depends entirely on the person and how you use your new free time) you won't be able to imagine anymore how bad that really hurt.

Just give it time.

baa ram ewe nominated Emmalee for this post in Starting a sexual relationship
Emmalee wrote: »
A long term sexual relationship with Daily sex? Don't get your hopes up but trying to find a girl who will have sex with you everyday, is asking for a bit much, Girls want more from relationships than just sex, They want to be cared for, Wanted, They don't want to be feeling like someones only with them for their body.

Maybe when you're "going" out you're coming across too strong, do you literally walk up to someone and say "hi, My names Adam. Have sex with me?" Buy her a drink, Get to know her...Listen to her, then she might just invite you back...Don't go out looking to get 'some'. you'll end up looking like a jerk.

baa ram ewe, ninaballet and butterfly123 nominated ella! for this post in Tell us your chat ideas
ella! wrote: »
I think that whatever is decided, everyone needs to remember that YouthNet, TheSite and the services provided are unique and we are lucky to have them. Helen, Jo, James and everyone else do not need to give up their evenings for us, but they do and it's sad that a small minority are abusing that privilege. As with the real world, there is a chance that you will come across someone who you don't necessarily like but it's time to be mature and get over it quite frankly. You wouldn't scream abuse at someone in the street so it is not okay to do on the internet. For the most part, the discussion boards and live chat offer vital support and it would be a great shame if we lost that. Live chat is changing; it is getting busier and part of that means more peer support and less moderator support. Everyone here, whether they are new members or long standing one, has something to offer which could help someone else. I personally think that should be something to be proud of.

tumblr_mehnv0Pwvx1rjdd5jo1_250.gif

That is all.

Post of the Month March - *Poll now closed - Winner announced* 12 votes

MikeS
8% 1 vote
StrubbleS
16% 2 votes
Hannisnotonfire
0% 0 votes
ella!
41% 5 votes
Emmalee