Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

March post of the month!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:
time to vote for post of the month :D lots of nominations to choose from

Whowhere(nominated by Kaff)
What unpopular opinions do you have?
People are pissed off. And fortunately for them, you don't see middle aged bankers hanging around on street corners swearing at people. You do see groups of 20-something year old men doing it. The "Elite" might be stealing food from our table, but they're doing it quietly and without throwing dog shit at your door. Much easier to hate something you can see.

SuzyCreamcheese (nominated by Fiend_85)
Not sure if he likes me!
do you have to be absolutely sure??? I mean, if someone starts giving you the come on and you respond and youre wrong. Its not the end of the world. If you like him, and he starts hugging you, cant you hug him back or touch his cock or something, then youll soon know one way or the other.

You dont need to do too much reading betwen lines or bizarre mating rituals to find out if someones interested surely?

Arctic Roll (nominated by purpledhaze)
Alternative VD thread
I've got a hot steamy night planned.

Yes, I'm having a bath.

AliceF (nominated by omg hi)
What I did instead of overdosing
Tonight, I am feeling desperate. Instead of cutting myself up into pieces or taking too many pills, I made this video. Have a watch. Hopefully someone will find it helpful. Hopefully it'll stop someone doing what I so wanted to tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5lXxpjkiWnA

If anyone needs my help, please just contact me. I want to help.

Ballerina (nominated by Miss_Riot)
A lol a day...
I prefer the shots - the whipped cream is much nicer than the other stuff but it still went in my hair

clementine_the_tangerine (nominated by baa ram ewe)
18th Birthday..what did you do?
Went to a club for the first time ever because I'm boring and was too scared to try and get in before I was legal. It was fun. Floors were sticky..walls covered in sweat. A proper dive :thumb:

Accipiter (nominated by grace)
Can't have civil partnership, and following the natural path would entail reproduction in order to have children. Ew.

I'd much rather be a lesbian. The only problem is that I am not attracted to women.

Scary Monster (nominated by Fiend_85)
I give up
I've noticed it in a fair few of the people I know recently. In 15-35 year olds (and yes, the range is I think actually that wide) you get a split. Those who've been forced to realise that actually there are major aspects of the world that are truly shit; and those who've had the fortune to never really have to deal with any of that.

I can think of two things that really forced me into growing up - and a grown up realisation that actually, not everything is ok in the end. Neither were fun experiences, and the 'scars' from both of those will always be with me. But I've definitely learnt from them. My outlook on pretty much everything has changed as a result - but not in an entirely negative way

Scary Monster 2 (nominated by yellowseahorse)
Dealing with cancer
Just because everything couldn't be fine - doesn't mean that you won't worry. Some people may well find it hard to understand that, but it's one of those features in life. We are programmed to worry about others, especially those we are close to. It's how the human race keeps itself going. Equally, that doesn't mean that you should worry about him all of the time. You need to keep your life going, and I'm sure your dad would like to see you getting on with your life rather than worryin about him the whole time.

I'm With Stupid (nominated by SuzyCreamcheese)
100% human. Whereas white people are between 1% and 5% neanderthal if that Eddie Izzard documentary is to be believed. But "black people" is a bit of a non-concept genetically, because there's a massive variety of populations in Africa, which is home to both the tallest and shortest groups of people on the planet. There's a much difference between Somalians and Nigerians as there is between white people are Chinese people. Possibly more.

Fiend_85 (nominated by ShyBoy)
Dating
Did you touch his man bits?! LOL glad it went well treacle.

ShyBoy (nominated by Fiend_85)
Absolutely, you only need to look at thalidomide to see there are limits with any medicine. Though that was an unprecedented problem and couldn't happen again, there's no guarantee that there won't be other unprecedented problems in the future.

But i don't agree you need to try homeopathy to be confident it doesn't work. I don't need to sail around the world to prove to myself it isn't flat. Smarter and more able men and women do this for us, then publish their results, and then smarter men and women still endorse or criticise those results to reach a consensus.

Though the consensus can be wrong as science is always publishing new and better results, but that's different from saying a scientific consensus and a gut feeling have equivalence, or that distrusting modern medicine is no different from people who distrust homeopathy.

SuzyCreamcheese 2 (nominated by Carriage Return)
Can it get worse? Eating problems
you DESERVE nutrition. You deserve to have energy, and you deserve to have a healthy body. You deserve to be able to put food into your body and enjoy it, and keep it in and take wonderful energy and nutrients from it. You deserve to be able to get through a day without worrying about what your outer shell looks like when other people view it. You are worth so much more than what this disorder is telling you.

grace (nominated by **Helen**)
Am I being boring?
I used to hang around with a lot of wasters (me included) and one 'boring' person. I liked her much more than I liked the rest of them cos she was so much less self absorbed than us.

March post of the month! 58 votes

Whowhere
5% 3 votes
SuzyCreamcheese
5% 3 votes
Arctic Roll
15% 9 votes
AliceF
10% 6 votes
Ballerine
3% 2 votes
clementine_the_tangerine