Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the week - reborn! Vote now...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Afternoon folks :wave:

So... some of you will be familiar with post of the week and others won't but we're bringing it back!!

The idea is... when you see a really great post (it might be some great advice, something funny or profound, whatever catches your eye) then you hit the 'nominate' button which you should see on the top right of every post next to the report button.

By clicking nominate and then just typing POTW in the box that appears, an email will ping it's way to **Helen** and I :) We'll collate the nominations and each week we'll put up a poll for you all to vote for your faves.

The nominee and the person that nominated them will both win a prize - most likely a Site.org Tshirt, wristband or whatever else we might have on offer here at TheSite Towers. And, they'll be featured on the Community homepage.

So... we've had a couple of nominations come through in recent days and we've got some of our own so we'll start with the poll today for recent stand out posts - vote for your favorites :yes:

my_name, for sharing some great good news:
my name wrote: »
After 13 months of being unemployed and only working part time at a shitty grocery store, substitute teaching and other jobs that still left me unable to even pay my bills, I finalyl have a perm full time job! I'll have a steady paycheck and can pay my bills and go to the doctor and dentist and buy glasses that aren't an old prescription and give people nice presents and buy yarn and maybe even sexy shoes that I'll never wear and wine and vodka!!!

Randomgirl for her thoughtful response about de-cluttering:
Randomgirl wrote: »
I love getting rid of stuff - I find it very pleasing to see a nice uncluttered space. I think I'm going to declutter my bras today as I have about 20 of which only one fits properly and a further 2-3 are only one or two sizes out so I still wear them. I read a really good book recently, The Joy of Less, about getting rid of stuff. Stuff ties you down anyway and personally, for a lot of stuff, I value having the space it took up more than the object itself. I wish you luck and hope it isn't a painful experience for you to get rid of things - try to see the positives as it seems you are doing and see it as a way to get your money together for your new place :)

Strubbles for well, being Strubbles ;)
StrubbleS wrote: »
this thread is 7 years old and Namaste by now allegedly has the biggest vibrator collection in the UK.

CptCoatHanger for his views on Feminism:
The term feminist is both loaded and restrictive. I believe in equality of opportunity and I don't think that contradicts Feminism, in fact, I'd argue that is Feminism in its purest sense, but I don't find the label 'feminist' particularly useful; gender inequality needs to be addressed along with all inequality in opportunity.

brunettebarbie in answer to the questions questions thread:
2. If failure wasn't a possibility, what would you achieve?

Nothing. You learn and achieve by faliures. It's a lesson.

And.. Angel, For starting the voice recordings thread which seems to be the new craze in chat too ;)
**Angel** wrote: »
Well, this was kinda discussed in chat tonight, to those whom were in chat! I want to hear who has a strong accent or what ever :P Lol, who has a posh voice, but what should we say? Want to say the same thing or what not?

You could say...

Hey...I'm...
Just wanted to say Hai, what ever you want to say, how amazing the people on theSite are, etc...:P

Post of the week - reborn! Vote now... 29 votes

my name
20% 6 votes
Randomgirl
10% 3 votes
Strubbles
27% 8 votes
CptCoatHanger
6% 2 votes
brunettebarbie
31% 9 votes
Angel