Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Bathroom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you lock the bathroom whenever you go to the toilet or take a shower or just have the door closed but not locked?

I would normally lock the door.

Comments

• Options
    Locked - unless it's really , really late at night and I know everyone else is asleep and if all i want is a quick pee - I get in and get out a quick as possible and making the least noise - which mean's not locking the door.
  • Options
    Nope, not if I'm in the house on my own. If there's a friend, or girlfriend, in the house, then I'll close the door.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    nO, WE'RE ALL GIRLS IN THIS HOUSE SO I CANT (ooh caps :/) see the point tbh. And I'm normally in the house alone so I leave it open.
  • Options
    can't lock, won't lock..... im a can't locker due to the fact the lock doesnt exist :mad:
  • Options
    I ALWAYS lock the door. Even if I'm alone in the house. It's just a reaction to lock the door as soon as I enter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    I ALWAYS lock the door. Even if I'm alone in the house. It's just a reaction to lock the door as soon as I enter.
    Yeh, i lock it most of the time aswell. Its just comes naturally to walk in, turn on the light shut the door and lock it. I dont even think about it.
  • Options
    Its just comes naturally to walk in, turn on the light shut the door and lock it.

:yes:

I noticed that I automatically lock the door regardless of if anyone else is in or what. My family were away for a week, so I had the house to myself, and I still always locked the bathroom door when I went in, just a natural instinct.

Glad I'm not the only person who notices things like this.....
  • Options
    if I'm alone in the house then I leave the door wide open when I go for a shower - that way the mirror doesn't steam up!!
  • Options
    lock. every time.

i live with three boys and a lesbian. showering is not safe without a locked door.

• Options
    If im alone i dont bother even closeing the door, if ppl are in i ALLWAYS LOCK
  • Options
    No lock on the toilet so can't

Always lock the bathroom door though. Dunno why, it's only me and my mum that lives here. Even when she's out i lock it.
  • Options
    no-one ever bothers to knock in our house so i lock the door all the time. we have 2 bathrooms anyway so if they're that desperate to go to the loo while i'm in the shower they can nip across the landing! i hate it when the men in our house go to the loo, they don't even bother to shut the door!
  • Options
    I always lock the door. It doesn't matter who's in the house, just girls, boys and girls, I always lock the door :) kind of gross and weird to me if I don't.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    lock. every time.

i live with three boys and a lesbian. showering is not safe without a locked door.

LMAO :lol:

I always lock apart from when I have a shower, because I have fallen over in the shower a couple of times in the past few months, and it isn't worth the risk tbh.
  • Options
    Yep, I usually lock the door