Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vote for post of the week

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
StrubbleS won by a tidy one vote in the last competition and now it's time to see who's up next for a prize...

curly_boy nominated:
Louisek wrote: »
I cant see that this will make any diffrence to how the child develops as far as gender is concerned.
As soon as the child becomes aware of who people are then a sense of genders will soon follow we all know the diffrence between between mum and dad etc.
Dressing the child in nuetral clothes and only allowing neutral toys is going to be nigh on impossible.
Gender let me tell you is in built, it is in your brain not in your clothes, toys or your parents attitudes or even the body you are born into.
I personally believe that gender is not something you can influence with nurture one way or the other.
The chances are this child is a perfectly normal boy or girl who will grow up to be a normal happy boy or girl, if the child decides they would rather be the opposite gender then that would be the time for these parents to step up to the mark and show how commited they are and how much love they have, sadly this rarely happens!

baa ram ewe nominated:
Lexi99 wrote: »
Just been shaving my legs for tonight and thinking 'this is such a fucking chore'. I dont mind shaving anywhere else except my legs, its such a pain in the bum!

purpledhaze nominated:
hmmm7 wrote: »
Went into the post office today and asked to buy an envelope, the woman just looked at me as if I was an alien and said "errr... we don't sell envelopes?"

A POST office that doesn't sell envelopes. WTF. The world has gone mad.

**CupCake** nominated:
Skive wrote: »
If I still had Octi I'd take some pictures of him lording it up, drinking Buckie, necking pills and smoking crack. Sadly he had a rather fatal accident involving a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Piccolo nominated:
Melian wrote: »
And I made it! :D (one year free from self-harm)

Randoman nominated:
Stuart wrote: »
I have to say that I was about 11/12 when I became sexually curious. If it was there to try, I tried it and it helped me figure out who I was. That is not to say that I am encouraging to to do the same thing, do what you feel is right for you. As others have said, don't put pressure on others, and don't let anyone pressurise you into doing something your not ready for. Even right up to the point of starting to go down on him, if your uncomfortable, say so and stop. You'll the better person for saying so and not just going ahead because you feel unable to say no.

On the label thing. Why do you have to be gay, straight or bi? Why not just be yourself?
I don't class myself as either gay or bi, I fall in love with the person not the genitals. Their personality and their ability to treat me with respect and to love me back is far more important. Life is too complicated to restrict yourself by a title or label.

**CupCake** nominated:
piccolo1 wrote: »
You have to give it more than one shot. I don't mean to be harsh but if you go in thinking like that then what do you actually expect?

You can't dismiss things after a single attempt if you truly want to get better.

&
piccolo2 wrote: »
Counselling is pretty rough but if you stick at it, it can really help. It does drag up some shit you don't want to deal with, things will be said that you aren't comfortable with, but somehow all of that does resolve.

Self-harming won't be the solution forever. It's not a solution at all, really, you know that. It's just a way to get through the day. I'm not going to tell you how or when to stop but please keep trying with your counsellor. After a few more weeks if you really don't get on you can talk to whoever referred you about changing the referral but you have to be seen to take it seriously for that to happen.

FireyFirenze and **CupCake** AND frankipanda! nominated:
dude you've reopened a dead thread
what the hell was in your head
check the date before you post
noobs dragging up dead threads annoys the most
open a new thread if you like
to share something with us or spit bars on a mic
we like to hear what you have to say
make sure you do it in the proper way
a mod will come along and close this now
but start your own thread, boom boom pow.
word up. innit.

Get voting (you can vote for more than one if you're torn!) :thumb:

Vote for post of the week 34 votes

LouiseK
8% 3 votes
Lexi99
5% 2 votes
hmmm7
5% 2 votes
Skive
23% 8 votes
Melian