Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    @Kasa2103 it's okay lovely, you won't ever be a burden but I also understand if you don't want to talk 💛

Sending you massive hugs💛🦄
    Thank you 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Long story short... I ended up going to hospital because a doctor thought my heart rate was fast and that he had to make sure I don't have sepsis :unamused: And I couldn't stop crying from that point on. The hospital staff pretty much thought I was fine and they let me go.

Although I ended up needing to explain to the nurse there that I feel depressed and suicidal. I'm expecting CAMHS to be informed now.

And you wouldn't believe how scared I've been about my heart and health. It's so horrible.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Long story short... I ended up going to hospital because a doctor thought my heart rate was fast and that he had to make sure I don't have sepsis :unamused: And I couldn't stop crying from that point on. The hospital staff pretty much thought I was fine and they let me go.

Although I ended up needing to explain to the nurse there that I feel depressed and suicidal. I'm expecting CAMHS to be informed now.

And you wouldn't believe how scared I've been about my heart and health. It's so horrible.
    Hugs <3 x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I wish i got into high moods like my diagnosis says i should 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I can't sleep because I keep feeling cold, hot, cold, and nauseous. Fuck's sake. I'm gonna try to sleep sitting up in case that helps. I really just want to be better.
  • Options
    Coughed up blood. Don't want to even google what that mean s
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey @Shaunie

Shaunie said:

I hope your doing okay, we just wanted to follow up this. This sounds really scary, and it can cause quite a bit of anxiety. 

Have you tried calling 111 - the non-emergency medical helpline? They will likely be able to give you a clear idea of what is going on and perhaps advise you from there. 

Take care at the moment. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    Italia said:
    Hey @Shaunie

Shaunie said:

I hope your doing okay, we just wanted to follow up this. This sounds really scary, and it can cause quite a bit of anxiety. 

Have you tried calling 111 - the non-emergency medical helpline? They will likely be able to give you a clear idea of what is going on and perhaps advise you from there. 

Take care at the moment. 
    My mum actually had to call 111 at the weekend. They are really good.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    ElizabethElizabeth Posts: 93 Budding Regular
    Hey @Shaunie

hope you are ok? 

❤️❤️
  • Options
    Thank you but think i know the reason is eating disorder reason and nothing serious and stopped
  • Options
    Feel like utter trash. Really don't want to go to school tomorrow but it looks like I have no choice (my mum has to go back to work tomorrow and there is nobody to stay at home with me.)
  • Options
    I've been showing symptoms for eight days now... I feel like I can't cope with another day of feeling so paranoid and anxious. I know the hospital didn't think anything seemed wrong but that's hardly reassuring me.

My mom's trying to get me to go back to my normal lifestyle but I've been trying to follow her advice, even though I feel phobic about it now, and today it just seemed to make things worse again.

And I feel like this will go on forever and ever. People are telling me it's just a bug but I can't help but spend all my time being scared about every single thing I experience or feel. Every day I've been feeling like I'm gonna die.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Feel like utter trash. Really don't want to go to school tomorrow but it looks like I have no choice (my mum has to go back to work tomorrow and there is nobody to stay at home with me.)
    @Kasa2103 aren't you old enough to be by your self. Sometimes a break from school is good
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    @Kasa2103 aren't you old enough to be by your self. Sometimes a break from school is good
    It isn't exactly the best idea for when I am unwell. Especially as I get lightheaded.
  • Options
    @Kasa2103

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sending hugs  <3
  • Options
    Elizabeth said:
    @Kasa2103

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sending hugs  <3
    Thank you 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Suspected appendicitis 😭😭
    Wasn't appendicitis.. I have celiac disease 🙃 (ps. That shit hurts) 

Top that with being a vegetarian I'm basically living off lettuce 🙃😂. And gluten free cake at work 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Suspected appendicitis 😭😭
    Wasn't appendicitis.. I have celiac disease 🙃 (ps. That shit hurts) 

Top that with being a vegetarian I'm basically living off lettuce 🙃😂. And gluten free cake at work 😂
    Sounds like the best of both worlds  😉

For real though, If you need some ideas on recipes, I'd be more than happy to help 😁
  • Options
    I really can't cope with this anxiety. It's honestly so bad that I'm hesitant to even have some water, and I feel like I'm trying to accept that I'm dying because I'm paranoid that I have something serious. I keep crying because I feel overwhelmed with worries and stress. It feels unbearable.
  • Options
    I really don't want to have to go through another day of feeling so scared tomorrow. I can't calm myself down.
  • Options
    joyajoya Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    I really don't want to have to go through another day of feeling so scared tomorrow. I can't calm myself down.
    hi angel you are better? sorry for my english, not for my first language ^^

I read that you have been paranoid and very frightened by your anxiety. Believe me, I'm in the same way and I'm freaking out too; but beyond that, I'm trying to learn to deal with myself in this situation. When I find myself ready to research something, do unfounded online tests or burst into tears, I turn off the phone, take a deep breath and try to channel my pain (whether physical or emotional), and repeat several times that it is not so bad. Repetition can be a powerful weapon against obsessive and paranoid behavior that scares us and causes us panic. So try to use repetition to your advantage: always take a deep breath and think "it is not so bad, it is not so bad; it will pass, it will pass, it will pass". And in case that this doesn't help, try to stay close to someone; you don't need to talk anything, you just need to feel that you're not alone and there's nothing is gonna happen to you.

I hope it helps you as it has helped me. Fighting!!! <3 
    everything always goes ^^
  • Options
    Been asleep for over 12 hours. Still so so tired
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    My boyfriend broke up with me last night :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    joya said:
    hi angel you are better? sorry for my english, not for my first language ^^

I read that you have been paranoid and very frightened by your anxiety. Believe me, I'm in the same way and I'm freaking out too; but beyond that, I'm trying to learn to deal with myself in this situation. When I find myself ready to research something, do unfounded online tests or burst into tears, I turn off the phone, take a deep breath and try to channel my pain (whether physical or emotional), and repeat several times that it is not so bad. Repetition can be a powerful weapon against obsessive and paranoid behavior that scares us and causes us panic. So try to use repetition to your advantage: always take a deep breath and think "it is not so bad, it is not so bad; it will pass, it will pass, it will pass". And in case that this doesn't help, try to stay close to someone; you don't need to talk anything, you just need to feel that you're not alone and there's nothing is gonna happen to you.

I hope it helps you as it has helped me. Fighting!!! <3 
    Thank you so much <3 Your english is really good by the way, it's a confusing language and I'm impressed by your skills! Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with worrying and anxiety. I think I often feel a bit on edge, but it's not really something I notice until something scares me. When something scares me I get really overwhelmed with it and find it impossible to be rational or calm down. Right now the thing that's scared me is my health. I've had what everyone thinks is a stomach bug for about nine days now and it's set me off panicking. I keep thinking about all the things that could be wrong, like a serious illness or a long-term condition, every symptom is making me terrified that it's not normal, and so on. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I only just got out of bed less than an hour ago because I feel scared to even move in case it aggravates any symptoms. I can't cope with the anxiety so I've started trying to accept that I'm going to die and can't do anything about it (there's no evidence that suggests I'm going to die before the mods read this and think I'm unsafe, it's just horrible fear).

I'll definitely try what you suggested. I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling with the same sort of thing <3
  • Options
    My boyfriend broke up with me last night :( 
    That must be horrible, we're here if you want to talk about what happened <3
  • Options
    Thank you so much <3 Your english is really good by the way, it's a confusing language and I'm impressed by your skills! Yeah, I have a bit of a problem with worrying and anxiety. I think I often feel a bit on edge, but it's not really something I notice until something scares me. When something scares me I get really overwhelmed with it and find it impossible to be rational or calm down. Right now the thing that's scared me is my health. I've had what everyone thinks is a stomach bug for about nine days now and it's set me off panicking. I keep thinking about all the things that could be wrong, like a serious illness or a long-term condition, every symptom is making me terrified that it's not normal, and so on. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I only just got out of bed less than an hour ago because I feel scared to even move in case it aggravates any symptoms. I can't cope with the anxiety so I've started trying to accept that I'm going to die and can't do anything about it (there's no evidence that suggests I'm going to die before the mods read this and think I'm unsafe, it's just horrible fear).

I'll definitely try what you suggested. I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling with the same sort of thing <3

I really know how you feel and I am also sorry for what you are going through; ,,, during these last few days all i have been able to think about is that i have bipolar disorder, something i really know is not the case, but my head keeps thinking about symptoms that are not real.

I also feel a lot of stomach pain because I have anxiety and consequently nervous gastritis. When I feel sick, smell the food or just drink something like a vitamin, I panic and think I'm going to die. So I think I can say that we feel similar things from time to time. So can say with sure that you are not leaving everything melodramatic, you are just experiencing your pain the way you know. It's not your fault.

I hate medicine, but they can be very useful; Have you tried to go to a health unit to do an exam or take some medicine that will calm you down? When I get into a crisis related to my stomach, I usually go to the health unit and usually calms me down. Crises and bad thoughts calms down too.

I wish you can over those fears; you're ok, you have to believe that you ok, even when it's veryyyyy hard.

To be more simple, think that way: if it was something really bad like a serious illness, you would be feeling so much pain, that the first thing you would do, would go the hospital. Believe me, there's pain that we can deal and they are sometimes common, in the other hands, there's things we can't no even think about it, they just happend and we just act. 

i'm sorry if I wasn't very clear in my words hshdjajsjajaka nd good luck!!! you're gonna be ok, i have sure ^^
  • Options
    Ffs wish i never went out now. Theres guys keep speaking to me at the bus stop approaced me by saying "youre fit, you single" casual. Now keep trying to speak to me and can not feel anymore anxious cause the bus is taking forever. 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Ffs wish i never went out now. Theres guys keep speaking to me at the bus stop approaced me by saying "youre fit, you single" casual. Now keep trying to speak to me and can not feel anymore anxious cause the bus is taking forever. 

Hello! I'm sorry for that, men can be so stupid sometimes that make me nauseous :(

it is not your duty to take action, it is their responsibility to become aware that you are uncomfortable and stop the jokes, but have you tried to go elsewhere on the bus? away from them? maybe it helps you to be more calm; if not, try to stay close to the driver's seat and take a deep breath; if you have you earphone, listen to music to show them that you're not ok with their talks about you...

i hope you can be ok!
  • Options
    Everything is to much 😫
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Had lots going on with my physical health. Having test after test. I had blood test to look for cancers, infections etc and I'm shitting it because nobody can work out why I'm so poorly
This discussion has been closed.