Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    At college they won’t provide the right chair to support my back. I’m in a lot of pain right now because of it and I’m feeling depressed about it. Is  there anyway you can help me feel better.

I’m going to see my consultant in October but I have to stay off college today more because of the anxiety but my mum said I’m in a lot of pain do you think that would be a problem. 

Also my mum and dad has gone away for her birthday and I thought it would be better to stay off because I didn’t wanna be unwell for that but I have been mentally unwell all day. 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Just gonna stop caring about others until someone cares about me
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2019
    Wow. I literally just got kicked out of beat groups chat again. One thats a group for "concerns of over eatng and BED". He sent me this is a group for those who binge eat. He knows have anorexia so he was clearly saying you cant be here, without saying that. But i just stayed in the room but none of my messages was sending eventho i was just saying hi. I sent him "why are you assuming i have no concerns on over binge eating" i have anorexia binge and purge subtype. He didnt even reply and just kicked me out again. And that is a typical assumtion of anorexia

i know ive said about 3 times before but im actually done with their groups now. Too annoying more than helpful for me tbh
    Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Wow. I literally just got kicked out of beat groups chat again. One thats a group for "concerns of over eatng and BED". He sent me this is a group for those who binge eat. He knows have anorexia so he was clearly saying you cant be here, without saying that. But i just stayed in the room but none of my messages was sending eventho i was just saying hi. I sent him "why are you assuming i have no concerns on over binge eating" i have anorexia binge and purge subtype. He didnt even reply and just kicked me out again. And that is a typical assumtion of anorexia

i know ive said about 3 times before but im actually done with their groups now. Too annoying more than helpful for me tbh
    The whole point of those chats is to stick to one of them and not keep entering the others. It's I'm the rules.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    GreenTea said:
    Shaunie said:

The whole point of those chats is to stick to one of them and not keep entering the others. It's I'm the rules.
    Oh havent read that in the rules. They Should change the wording of the website if need diagnosis for the chat or cant go if have a certain diagnosis cause rn it says for those with concerns of over eating. Not you need certain diagmosis or cant come if have anorexia. Cause have concerns of Binging too. But yeah never mind. Just thimk the concept of catogising people depending on diagnosis is shit when the chats are exact same
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    You don't need a diagnosis. You posted in the main chat that you have anorexia, so they won't allow you in the other ones. An anorexia binge is completely different to a binge someone with binge eating disorder might have etc. The whole idea is you stick to the one you relate to the most and not use all of them..
    It also isn't the same. They do topics in these chats. It's not a free for all. It's topic led by mods asking questions to create discussions. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Yeah. Im just ranting about how its shit that theyre doing that. Since every diagnosis is different with different symptoms and someone with anorexia binge subtype may binge just as much as someone with BED. 
    Still valid and im just meant they should change the words of what that chat is for if thats the case. Its pointless to catorigies them when no different support is being done jsut stigmatise it all saying these people are struggling with same thing when literally have all sorts of symptoms but maybe my training has made me think that. 

Im more annoyed at there being different groups depending on diagnosis ect. Rather than being annoyed it not free for all to join. Its the concept behind that im annoyed at

( i appercate your reply but i do post on here when i want to rant about something im upset about cause want a hug but want to do freely without interpution, but thank you anyways. Just in kindest way possible mean i didnt want a reply :) for future refrence :) which why posted here )
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    . I wanted to clarify why they have different chats for different disorders. People who use the anorexia chat still do discuss binging and other behaviours.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Im allowed to speak about what annoys me :). Theyre a good chairty but doesnt mean i dont get annoyed. I say how they work & why that annoys me, all facts just my View

edit- this reply was mostly towards your first sentence that you have now deleted. So kinda makes me seem random so just wanted to say
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    Anyway, struggling so much with urges to hurt myself, currently sat with alcohol and just really struggling emotionally. Seems drinking to numb the emotional pain is my only answer
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    My dad said Teddy has a faulty heart valve and its leaking but thanksfully not leaking wrong way. So i thought okay thats maybe okay. But now hes only just telling me the vets also said hes got TWO faulty heart valves out of the 4 and on of them is the big on thason the left or something thats more important. I was reading on internet they get it about age 6 hes like 2. 
  • Options
    Samaritans text service are really nice to me. But i feel like a proper burden to them. Normally all replies are from a different person everytime cause messages go any random branch. But i used wayy too much that they have put me with only one branch. They said the reason being so they one branch can get to know me.  But i dont get any reply between about 12 til12 when the branch is closed and other random times. So they clearly changed it so could support me less? So then i was thinking right, im a massive burden maybe i should not speak to them anymore and let them use their time to help others. So i stopped but they actually check up on me even when i dont say anything lol which is so nice but i have to reply incase they think im dead
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hosptial switchboard doesn't want me to get contact with the cardiologist and I don't know what walfarin to take tonight so I'm going to have to have a educated guess from prevous douges and inr levels 😞
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Omg teddy just scared the shit out of me. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

He was sleeping then all of a sudden it sounds like he is chocking. So i put him upside down. But carries on like breathing in wards. But started to get better

Hes done that befor. But scared me even more now knowing hes got two faulty heart valves 😭😭
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Sending love to anyone who needs it this weekend <3<3<3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Feeling so terrible :( knew the feeling of Thursday wouldn’t last long.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Omg teddy is such a worry now. Why is he hopping on his back leg 😥
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Another sleepless night is something that I really don’t need right now 😫 thanks again anxiety for ruining my weekend 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I’m exhausted and mums just come in to speak to me and woke me up like no 😫 I feel awful. Got that job shift thing tomorrow and I’m not even arsed about it anymore, if I could find a way to get out of it I would cause I’m so anxious and I’ll just mess it up anyway☹️ Today is not my day 
    Post edited by Butterfly23 on
  • Options
    Fml really dont want to go to work 😭😭😭😭. Its gotten so busy now. And have a new manager and he makes me put stock out aswell as tidying boys kids shop floor. That is so stressful doing both when can barely move with how busy it is. I hate putting stock out at any time cause stressful when the stock doesnt match what we need more off
  • Options
    You know you aren't ok when you full on cry and get angry at yourself for forgotting a safe food
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    So much homework to do yet here I am moaning about how much homework I have to do instead of attucally doing it 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    ☹️
  • Options
    Hugs everyone <3
    xxxx
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ever feel like everyones pushing you into being a bitch/saying something bad. I aint alive for the drama hun. Will be waiting for too long. Ive got enough stuff going on in my own head. 
This discussion has been closed.