Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    I have so much going on, i don't even know how I'm coping anymore to be honest I'm so beyond the point of even starting to get better, I'm just fed up and feel so unwanted and exhausted of everything going on in my life. nothing gets better it just gets worse.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Mel_ wrote: »
    I have so much going on, i don't even know how I'm coping anymore to be honest I'm so beyond the point of even starting to get better, I'm just fed up and feel so unwanted and exhausted of everything going on in my life. nothing gets better it just gets worse.

The mix chats are still on. @Mel_ we all wanna support you x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I feel weird today. Really low but also very distracted and like my brain is busy. Ugh I don't know.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @independent_ That sounds quite overwhelming, have you been able to do anything comforting or safe for yourself?
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    @Brookee I’m watching lingo just now which requires brain activity so gives me something else to focus on..met my friend’s puppy today which was nice but I just feel like the world is against me right now and distraction only goes so far. Ah well, I’ll be alright I always have to be.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey all

I just want to remind you that we are indeed here for you all.

@Mel_ - I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Please know you don't have to go through anything alone. Would you like to talk to us about what is going on? Sending you hugs

@independent_ - I am sorry to hear you felt weird yesterday. Some days are just strange. I am really glad to hear you managed to be distracted. What type of puppy does your friend have? I love dogs! Would you like to talk to us about why your brain is busy and you are feeling low? Sending you hugs

Also thanks to @Shaunie and @Brookee for continuing to provide such amazing support. All your efforts are always acknowledged and appreciated. Please know we are always here for you too though! Sending you both hugs as well. I hope the room feels hugged <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hi @Zay! I am really sorry to hear you are struggling. It sounds like a really difficult situation for you to be in. How are you currently feeling? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Zay That sounds really difficult, I know it can be hard to cope when you have regular appointments. I wonder if you would feel comfortable talking through this with your GP, if it's easier, you can write down what you've been through, like you have here, and take it to them so you don't miss out anything you want to tell them. It's very frustrating that the strike is affecting your ability to see someone who helps you.
    @Zay It's completely your choice though love, you take as much time as you need. It sounds like a really difficult situation to be dealing with. I'd also just like to add that even if your current GP doesn't understand, you are more than within your rights to ask for a different GP to speak to at your doctors. You deserve to be listened to and supported in a way that meets your needs!
    Hey @Zay

I am sorry to hear your support keeps getting cancelled. Obviously not ideal when you need the support! Have you managed to talk to your GP or anyone else yet? I just want to check in with you to make sure you are okay because we all care about you and are hoping you are okay <3
    Hi @Zay

Thanks for your response. I am glad you are okay. Sorry to hear you feel tired though. I hope your psychologist is able to do a zoom meeting instead as it sounds like that may help you today :3
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    😓😭that’s it
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I am so sorry to see your upset emojis. Would you like to talk to us about what's wrong? Sending you hugs. We are here for you and listening to you <3
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Every time I put my phone away and try to go to sleep I get really anxious for some reason I have no idea why, so am just scrolling through TikTok to calm myself down need to go to sleep though said I’d have an early night
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you feel less anxious if you were able to put your phone on mute or mute the notifications? or set a timer for yourself for when you must put your phone away? or having some relaxing sounds on in the background when you put your phone away? Obviously it is difficult to say how to help as you aren't sure which particular part is making you feel anxious. I am just throwing out some potential suggestions just in case they help. Of course, I am sending you hugs too! :3
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @LorryTruck

Well done and thanks for reaching out for support when you need it. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you like to expand on what you want to stop? We are here for you, listening to you, and supporting you <3
    Hate my self and life
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hey @Shaunie

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you like to talk to us about why you are feeling this way? We are for you, listening to you, supporting you, and sending you hugs! <3
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited February 2022
    I just want to cry.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you like to talk to us about why you want to cry? We are sending you hugs <3
    I’m soo sick of myself
    Back to work tomorrow after 2 months off so scared
    edited February 2022
    Hey @Shaunie

Thanks for reaching out to us. I really appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. Would you like to talk about why you are sick of yourself? Wishing you the best of luck with work tomorrow. Here for you, if you want to talk it through. Sending you hugs :3
    I meant I’m back to work today sorry ahhhh I’m so scared start at 2
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
This discussion has been closed.