Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Omg I feel so bad
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Shaunie wrote: »
    I feel a crisis coming

Sending you a hug @Shaunie. Is there anything you could do today to help you stay safe? Remember there are lots of services you can reach out to when you're feeling you might be in crisis and would like someone to talk to. I've listed a few options below <3
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife wrote: »
    I feel a crisis coming

Sending you a hug @Shaunie. Is there anything you could do today to help you stay safe? Remember there are lots of services you can reach out to when you're feeling you might be in crisis and would like someone to talk to. I've listed a few options below <3
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Thank you.
    I’m on my way to Essex again to have occupational therapy on my arm not sure why as feels fine. But meant o have work later and I don’t want to go cause I also agreed to go for a drink with one of the security guards after work. Now I’m overwhelmed and I just can’t cope as I don’t like social situations. Might tell the person who’s doing whatever with my arm that I’m feeling extra bad today and i don’t know what to do
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I’ve been waiting an hour to see the mental health person I’m leaving no one cares
  • Options
    I need help no ones helping me
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Just woke up to find myself in hospital oh god

Oh shit, are you okay?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Just woke up to find myself in hospital oh god

Oh my goodness hope you’re ok @Shaunie
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @shaunie sending you a lot of love right now <3
  • Options
    Aw thank you all 💜
This discussion has been closed.