We’d love to ask you a few questions about your preferences when it comes to services and your experience with them. This will help us when it comes to shaping what our support looks like in the future. Please take our short survey for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 171 The Mix convert
    I was really happy over the past couple of days, but this evening I've been really upset for no particular reason. I just keep finding reasons to be unhappy. I make one little mistake and suddenly I can't stop thinking badly about myself, and everyone around me corrects me at once and then no-one listens or acknowledges me when I correct myself or explain. I've had either extremely low moods or really bad mood swings for years now and no-one seems to be interested in helping me. I've been in and out of counselling for the past five years because I just keep getting referred from one person to another until someone decides to dismiss me because they don't think things are serious enough, without even giving me the opportunity to point out that I've been having suicidal thoughts since I was about 12. If I seek any kind of help elsewhere I just get given links to other organisations that don't offer any real help until I end up at the first one I tried again. I'm pretty sure I have some kind of mental illness, but I can't find a doctor or anyone who will even try to diagnose me or find out the actual cause of my problems. It doesn't help that I've been physically ill recently too and now I have a stomach ache. 

:'( 
    Shaunie
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 3,508 Ultimate Poster
    edited July 2018
    i was  barely conious when the hospital discharged me. And i cant recall anything but myy sisgers do and said i went pychotic from the pills.  Hospitals only care about psycal health. What about my mental health   Im still mot psycal fine and keep getting blufred vison and is hard to write this
    Kindness begins from the understanding that we all struggle.
    TheAprilFool
  • TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 171 The Mix convert
    My sensitivity to sound has gotten worse since I came home because my family is always eating around me and for some reason the sound of people chewing has always made me panic. I keep having to leave the room and they barely even seem to notice how stressed out I'm getting. I just keep feeling really low all the time and I can't really do anything for my mental health until I go back to uni and move away again. I just feel kind of upset right now about all sorts of things and I don't feel like I have anyone I can really rely on. It feels like the only people who talk to me want something out of me, or the people who do try to help put no real thought into their advice and don't really seem to care. I guess I just need to feel loved right now, and for some reason that has been more difficult since I moved back closer to family and friends than it was when I was away. 
    Shaunie
    Wake up with instanst thoughts to kil myself. I feel so bad. And hopeless 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    TheAprilFool
    Want to die everyone hates me and ahte myslef
    TheAprilFool
    Im so sad😭😭😭😭😭😭
    TheAprilFool
    Im pretty sure my whole body is shaking but cant see it. I cant breath properly and feels like my heart is staying pretty sunken. Feel like im dying😭😭
    TheAprilFool
  • independent_independent_ Boards Baby ScotlandPosts: 1,157 Fanatical Poster
    Public transport is sooooo stressful for me. Not fun sitting in an enclosed space half a foot away from a wasp trying to breathe normally to prevent a panic attack... And then when I was getting off the bus driver started staring at me and asking me questions like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! PLEASE NO!! I’ve been reminded of why I hate buses!
    ShaunieTheAprilFool
  • AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 527 Extreme Poster
    The storm has just hit my area. I have a massive fear of them. Why thunder! I don't care much about lightening just why!!!! Really need a hug and the dog won't give me one. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking
    TheAprilFool
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    TheAprilFool
    independent_TheAprilFool
    Shaunieindependent_TheAprilFool
    Really bad back and stomach cramps feel like im gunna throw up or pass out soon😭😭😭😭
    independent_BubblesGoesBooLaineTheAprilFool
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,041 Mega Poster
    Found out today that my cousin died while I was away, also my dad's cat went missing last week too  :'( :'( 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    ShaunieAbigailLainefadedangel[Deleted User]TheAprilFool
  • AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 527 Extreme Poster
    Had an email today about a Job i applied for a couple of weeks ago but i didn't get an interview and no feedback on my form which annoyed me the most. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking
    ShaunieLaineTheAprilFool
  • LaineLaine Horse hugger Posts: 1,169 Fanatical Poster
    I know I already commented on ranty thread and I probably don't deserve a hug as I may just be being selfish but I don't know I just feel so alone and in despair right now because of things and while I can't have a real one I'd love a metaphorical hug please I would be so grateful ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"So wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older" ~ Avicii

"
    All I do is sit and think about you If I choose then I lose.
    Distract my brain from the terrible news
    It's not living if it's not with you" ~ The 1975

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille
    ShauniefadedangelRileyTheAprilFool
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 Rampant Poster
    I need a hug I’m so broken and nobody seems to understand how much I’m struggling. Life’s a constant battle and I can’t take it. 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    LaineTheAprilFool
    There are so many suicidal thoughts filling my head and I’m so overwhelmed I just want to die 😭💔
    Laine[Deleted User]TheAprilFool
    Laine said:
    I know I already commented on ranty thread and I probably don't deserve a hug as I may just be being selfish but I don't know I just feel so alone and in despair right now because of things and while I can't have a real one I'd love a metaphorical hug please I would be so grateful ❤
    Sending hugs, I’m only a message away if you’d like to talk ❤️
    Laine[Deleted User]TheAprilFool
    Thank you thoughtsy and the same for you ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

TheAprilFool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Noob
    Thoughtsy said:
    I need a hug I’m so broken and nobody seems to understand how much I’m struggling. Life’s a constant battle and I can’t take it. 
    I've been through what you are presently and you can get well again given time ((HUGS)), and I am here for you also. Keep reaching out on our boards, ok?

Sorry I had to leave chat as I had to go flat and rest. Putting out good thoughts and prayers to you now. Stay strong sweetheart. 

Mandyx
    I'm driven by self doubt.
    TheAprilFool
    Floxy said:
    Thoughtsy said:
    I've been through what you are presently and you can get well again given time ((HUGS)), and I am here for you also. Keep reaching out on our boards, ok?

Sorry I had to leave chat as I had to go flat and rest. Putting out good thoughts and prayers to you now. Stay strong sweetheart. 

Mandyx
    Thank you so much  <3
    I’ve messaged you we can talk there. 

Best Wishes
    Lauren 

Laine said:
    No problem, hope your okay ❤️
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

I'm getting there,  really hard being back at home and going to college doing a course I don't really want to but I'm gonna try a different doctor and see if I can finally get help for my anxiety issues ect,  I need to be the strong one for everyone else :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

[Deleted User]ShaunieTheAprilFool
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 4,971 Supreme Poster
    Laine said:
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

I'm getting there,  really hard being back at home and going to college doing a course I don't really want to but I'm gonna try a different doctor and see if I can finally get help for my anxiety issues ect,  I need to be the strong one for everyone else :) x
    Hey Laine, 

Just wanted to check in to see how your doing?

Sorry to hear how your feeling, it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully with a new doctor you'll get the support you need and deserve. I know how it feels, I had to see a few doctors before I could finally get support from my doctor, I now see a lovely doctor who is very supportive. So I wish you all the luck.

Know that we are here for you :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Laine
    Had a massive wake up call today. I could of very nearly lost my dad. We went looking for the cat over the hills and by the cliffs.  My dad slipped and started sliding down the bank and if I hadn't of grabbed his walking stick he would of fallen over the edge, scared doesn't even cover it, my screams of 'DAD' are still ringing in my ears and then it hit me. That feeling of panic is probably what my parents feel every time I attempt. It broke my heart. I need to stop doing this, but I don't see any other way out.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    [Deleted User]TheAprilFool
    edited August 2018
    Oh, poor you @BubblesGoesBoo ; but it's completely natural to panic like that. But dad's safe now, so give yourself a pat on the back for grabbing his walking stick. You did brilliantly! =)

How about putting on some lively music, make a pot of tea and have a chat with him? I've got the radio on right now and it's great company. Could get your mind off all this. ((HUGS))
    TheAprilFool
    Laine said:
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

Hey Laine, 

Just wanted to check in to see how your doing?

Sorry to hear how your feeling, it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully with a new doctor you'll get the support you need and deserve. I know how it feels, I had to see a few doctors before I could finally get support from my doctor, I now see a lovely doctor who is very supportive. So I wish you all the luck.

Know that we are here for you :heart: 
    I'm doing much better today thanks not quite ready to face the doctors but I will next week get the courage to change GP as its something I've needed to do for a long time anyway and I've written a silly little letter to get my point across. 
    I've decided to write down all my hospital visits as well to try and show them that I'm really having a hard time and i'm panicking a lot. 

It's been really hard because I assumed as no one would help that maybe I'm not actually that mentally ill and I'm overreacting? It's taken me a while to understand my high functioning anxiety is common and that I have a reason to be upset by it and deserve to treat it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈 

"

Floxy said:
    Oh, poor you @BubblesGoesBoo ; but it's completely natural to panic like that. But dad's safe now, so give yourself a pat on the back for grabbing his walking stick. You did brilliantly! =)

How about putting on some lively music, make a pot of tea and have a chat with him? I've got the radio on right now and it's great company. Could get your mind off all this. ((HUGS))
    Thanks, I'm just glad I was there or he would be missing as well as the cat  :'( I'm still in shock as is he, but I'm working my way through it. I'm more determined than ever not to attempt again, I never want him feeling how I felt today.  <3
    [Deleted User]TheAprilFool
    I hope your cat turns up. Sophie's praying, too x