Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    My sensitivity to sound has gotten worse since I came home because my family is always eating around me and for some reason the sound of people chewing has always made me panic. I keep having to leave the room and they barely even seem to notice how stressed out I'm getting. I just keep feeling really low all the time and I can't really do anything for my mental health until I go back to uni and move away again. I just feel kind of upset right now about all sorts of things and I don't feel like I have anyone I can really rely on. It feels like the only people who talk to me want something out of me, or the people who do try to help put no real thought into their advice and don't really seem to care. I guess I just need to feel loved right now, and for some reason that has been more difficult since I moved back closer to family and friends than it was when I was away. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Wake up with instanst thoughts to kil myself. I feel so bad. And hopeless 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Want to die everyone hates me and ahte myslef
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Im so sad😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Im pretty sure my whole body is shaking but cant see it. I cant breath properly and feels like my heart is staying pretty sunken. Feel like im dying😭😭
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Public transport is sooooo stressful for me. Not fun sitting in an enclosed space half a foot away from a wasp trying to breathe normally to prevent a panic attack... And then when I was getting off the bus driver started staring at me and asking me questions like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! PLEASE NO!! I’ve been reminded of why I hate buses!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    The storm has just hit my area. I have a massive fear of them. Why thunder! I don't care much about lightening just why!!!! Really need a hug and the dog won't give me one. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Had an email today about a Job i applied for a couple of weeks ago but i didn't get an interview and no feedback on my form which annoyed me the most. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I need a hug I’m so broken and nobody seems to understand how much I’m struggling. Life’s a constant battle and I can’t take it. 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
    There are so many suicidal thoughts filling my head and I’m so overwhelmed I just want to die 😭💔
    Laine said:
    I know I already commented on ranty thread and I probably don't deserve a hug as I may just be being selfish but I don't know I just feel so alone and in despair right now because of things and while I can't have a real one I'd love a metaphorical hug please I would be so grateful ❤
    Sending hugs, I’m only a message away if you’d like to talk ❤️
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Thank you thoughtsy and the same for you ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thoughtsy said:
    I need a hug I’m so broken and nobody seems to understand how much I’m struggling. Life’s a constant battle and I can’t take it. 
    I've been through what you are presently and you can get well again given time ((HUGS)), and I am here for you also. Keep reaching out on our boards, ok?

Sorry I had to leave chat as I had to go flat and rest. Putting out good thoughts and prayers to you now. Stay strong sweetheart. 

Mandyx
    Floxy said:
    Thoughtsy said:
    I've been through what you are presently and you can get well again given time ((HUGS)), and I am here for you also. Keep reaching out on our boards, ok?

Sorry I had to leave chat as I had to go flat and rest. Putting out good thoughts and prayers to you now. Stay strong sweetheart. 

Mandyx
    Thank you so much  <3
    I’ve messaged you we can talk there. 

Best Wishes
    Lauren 

Laine said:
    No problem, hope your okay ❤️
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

I'm getting there,  really hard being back at home and going to college doing a course I don't really want to but I'm gonna try a different doctor and see if I can finally get help for my anxiety issues ect,  I need to be the strong one for everyone else :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Laine said:
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

I'm getting there,  really hard being back at home and going to college doing a course I don't really want to but I'm gonna try a different doctor and see if I can finally get help for my anxiety issues ect,  I need to be the strong one for everyone else :) x
    Hey Laine, 

Just wanted to check in to see how your doing?

Sorry to hear how your feeling, it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully with a new doctor you'll get the support you need and deserve. I know how it feels, I had to see a few doctors before I could finally get support from my doctor, I now see a lovely doctor who is very supportive. So I wish you all the luck.

Know that we are here for you :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Had a massive wake up call today. I could of very nearly lost my dad. We went looking for the cat over the hills and by the cliffs.  My dad slipped and started sliding down the bank and if I hadn't of grabbed his walking stick he would of fallen over the edge, scared doesn't even cover it, my screams of 'DAD' are still ringing in my ears and then it hit me. That feeling of panic is probably what my parents feel every time I attempt. It broke my heart. I need to stop doing this, but I don't see any other way out.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited August 2018
    Oh, poor you @BubblesGoesBoo but it's completely natural to panic like that. But dad's safe now, so give yourself a pat on the back for grabbing his walking stick. You did brilliantly! =)

How about putting on some lively music, make a pot of tea and have a chat with him? I've got the radio on right now and it's great company. Could get your mind off all this. ((HUGS))
    Laine said:
    Thoughtsy said:

Laine said:

Hey Laine, 

Just wanted to check in to see how your doing?

Sorry to hear how your feeling, it's important to take care of yourself. Hopefully with a new doctor you'll get the support you need and deserve. I know how it feels, I had to see a few doctors before I could finally get support from my doctor, I now see a lovely doctor who is very supportive. So I wish you all the luck.

Know that we are here for you :heart: 
    I'm doing much better today thanks not quite ready to face the doctors but I will next week get the courage to change GP as its something I've needed to do for a long time anyway and I've written a silly little letter to get my point across. 
    I've decided to write down all my hospital visits as well to try and show them that I'm really having a hard time and i'm panicking a lot. 

It's been really hard because I assumed as no one would help that maybe I'm not actually that mentally ill and I'm overreacting? It's taken me a while to understand my high functioning anxiety is common and that I have a reason to be upset by it and deserve to treat it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran

Floxy said:
    Oh, poor you @BubblesGoesBoo but it's completely natural to panic like that. But dad's safe now, so give yourself a pat on the back for grabbing his walking stick. You did brilliantly! =)

How about putting on some lively music, make a pot of tea and have a chat with him? I've got the radio on right now and it's great company. Could get your mind off all this. ((HUGS))
    Thanks, I'm just glad I was there or he would be missing as well as the cat  :'( I'm still in shock as is he, but I'm working my way through it. I'm more determined than ever not to attempt again, I never want him feeling how I felt today.  <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I hope your cat turns up. Sophie's praying, too x
This discussion has been closed.