Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Feeling so awful but trying my best not to self harm. Just need this awful feeling to go. Trying so hard rn. So agitated and struggling to breath 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Have you considered any other coping mechanisms to get you through tonight @Shaunie ? I'm so sorry that you're hurting so much. Sending the biggest hugs. We're here for you, you've got this.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Liam said:
    Have you considered any other coping mechanisms to get you through tonight @Shaunie ? I'm so sorry that you're hurting so much. Sending the biggest hugs. We're here for you, you've got this.
    Thank you for replying. I’m doing my best to stay safe. Got teddy with me and listening to songs and got my wax warmer on. 

I just feel awful can’t remember the last time I actually felt this bad other than the times I’ve tried to kil myself. January is a time of Tramua anniversary and I try to block it out. But it comes back to me 😭😭😭😭

I am safe but fml

if I ever give up fighting this and successful. I hope people know I tried my best, went for as long as I could but I  just NEEDed the peace 

😭😭😭😭😭😭

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Shaunie

Anniversaries are so difficult and so it's understandable that you're feeling the way you do tonight. I'm so sorry, I wish I had the words to make all of this feel OK.

Is there anything we can do tonight to help make this feel any easier? Or is there anything that you can think of that can keep you distracted from these difficult thoughts. There's some good stuff on Netflix right now, maybe you could keep your mind busy with a good movie? Or it's quite late, how about trying to get some sleep?

I'm so glad that wee man is there with you right now. Give him a big hug from me :)

If you start to feel unsafe, is there anyone you can reach out to?

Please keep fighting this Shaunie, take it one day at a time. Good days will come, i promise. I know that you're hurting right now but I 100% believe that you are strong enough to get through it. You'll weather this storm and you'll weather every other storm to come your way. Keep fighting, you're going to be okay and we're all right here with you.
  • Options
    Liam said:
    @Shaunie

Anniversaries are so difficult and so it's understandable that you're feeling the way you do tonight. I'm so sorry, I wish I had the words to make all of this feel OK.

Is there anything we can do tonight to help make this feel any easier? Or is there anything that you can think of that can keep you distracted from these difficult thoughts. There's some good stuff on Netflix right now, maybe you could keep your mind busy with a good movie? Or it's quite late, how about trying to get some sleep?

I'm so glad that wee man is there with you right now. Give him a big hug from me :)

If you start to feel unsafe, is there anyone you can reach out to?

Please keep fighting this Shaunie, take it one day at a time. Good days will come, i promise. I know that you're hurting right now but I 100% believe that you are strong enough to get through it. You'll weather this storm and you'll weather every other storm to come your way. Keep fighting, you're going to be okay and we're all right here with you.
    Thank you @Liam and thank you @Independace for the hugs. 

I think yeah I am going sleep now. Not normally this tired at this time cause I sleep a lot of the day away. But yeah being this sad always makes me very tired 
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan @Shaunie , sleep well ! :)
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Hope you manage to get some sleep @Shaunie it’s exhausting feeling like that all the time <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) feels better now 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's been a really tough day
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Good to hear you’re feeling better @Shaunie but we’re here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    Big hugs @GreenTea always here if you need someone to listen  <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
     :# 

Hey lorry Truck how are you? 
    Big hugs we’re here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Big hugs @GreenTea always here if you need someone to listen  <3

Thank you 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Feeling shit again. Had my video call with my group. Everyone says how their week has gone and everyone forgot about me. It’s not like I had my camera off
    so everyone can just fuck off cause no one gives a fuck

really knocked my mood
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    This is the reality of mental illness.

Tw.
    Last night was the worst I've had in a while, full of restraints, police, alarms, stitches, constant obs and sections. I haven't slept, I'm barely eating, I'm still trying to piece together what actually happened, when the demon inside you takes over, there is no control, I was shouting at the nurses and trying to kick the ward door down.
    This is my reality.
    Don't ever tell someone who's mentally ill that it's just a phase, something they can control, cause its not, I don't know who I was last night but I most certainly wasn't me.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    :(. So sorry @BubblesGoesBoo
    Been there and it’s awful. Also seen my dad like it and he also described it as feeling no control and like it was not him. It’s so so so awful thing to go through:’(

massive hugs <3
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Why is BPD so hard? 😢
  • Options
    Don’t call me lazy when I’m just trying to survive. If I move I’ll probably get something to hurt myself. The only time I move is to go toilet and brush my teeth lol. Atleast teddy tries to comfort me and doesn’t call me lazy. I’d only be lazy if I wanted this life. I really don’t😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Forget I said anything.  Nobody cares about me anyway :)
    Post edited by GreenTea on
  • Options
    Hope you’re okay @LorryTruck

Sending hugs to those who want them :)
  • Options
    TW sh

Have been harm free for so long and I'm so close to relapsing. Nobody gives a shit about me

• Options
    I feel really ignored and hated recently... :( Just want someone to talk to
  • Options
    Just to clarify. I'm not Vauge posting about anyone!!! :) I'm having a rough time with communication with my family and a couple friends who live in my hometown and feeling very frustrated! 
  • Options
     :/ 
    Do you want to speak about it?  Could make a thread. Hugs X
  • Options
    edited January 2021
  • Options
    Can I PM with someone? Just want support tbh
  • Options
    Hey @GreenTea always happy to listen if you ever need anything. Big hugs  <3
This discussion has been closed.