Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    On way to funeral :(
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    On way to funeral :(
    Sending you hugs today Shaunie 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Good luck @Shaunie, hugs:( x 
  • Options
    I’m so much pain emotionally 😭
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I’m so much pain emotionally 😭
    Sorry to hear this @Millie2787 <3
  • Options
    spreading hugs across the thread. and warm blankets to hide under. and a nice hot drink of your choice. xo
  • Options
    Thank you

we said goodbye to Nan was very emotional and upsetting 😢 😭😭😭😭. And was said “no matter what you believe in, she will now be in peace” which was nice to remember. Now we are celebrating her life with family 😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Now been put on tablets and being a young carers means I now have 4 different peoples tablets to juggle and all take them at different times during the day 😐
  • Options
    ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Sending hugs to you on this difficult day @Shaunie , that's a lovely quote to remember.

That sounds tricky @Millie2787 Could you maybe use coloured pens to colour code the boxes so you can't get mixed up and set alarms on your phone for when each one is due to be taken? I really hope your new tablets help too.
  • Options
    Ariana said:
    Sending hugs to you on this difficult day @Shaunie , that's a lovely quote to remember.

That sounds tricky @Millie2787 Could you maybe use coloured pens to colour code the boxes so you can't get mixed up and set alarms on your phone for when each one is due to be taken? I really hope your new tablets help too.
    @Ariana it’s quite difficult as there all coloured boxes , I’m ok with who’s is who’s as they have the pharacemy labels on it’s going to be more when I have to reorder them 
  • Options
    Ah okay @Millie2787 Maybe try to reorder them all on the same day each month? Which reminds me, I still need to reorder mine.... keep forgetting! 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I just really rather not wake up from someone sending me pictures of their self harm and saying they’re upset because I never replied to them yesterday. Wtff. 

I was at a funeral. If anyone ever asked how I feel or taken any interest in my life then would know & don’t just go round making people feel bad
  • Options
    Thank you so much brain for deciding you want to work overtime tonight ! Not like I want sleep or anything 😐
  • Options
    Omg I'm paranoid fucking scared. My guinea pig's droppings were a bit weird and now I'm a scared moron. She seems perfectly fine, but that good old anxiety loves torturing me. Just want to feel safe. :(
  • Options
    Just feel so hopeless and scared of the future 😭
  • Options
    Sending out some warm hugs to you @Millie2787 @kathleen0172 and @Shaunie <3 

I think it's okay to tell your friend that you were at a funeral and therefore had other things on your mind Shaunie. And also that sending pictures of their self-harm isn't really on unless they've asked and you've agreed to it. I'm a self-harmer myself, so I don't see it as attention seeking or manipulative in general, but in that instance sending you pictures of self-harm and saying they're upset at you not replying does sound a bit emotionally manipulative to me. I would try to gently explain that that's not okay if it were me.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending hugs to all those who may need them right now :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Now she’s making it out to be my fault saying she didn’t message me becasue she knew I was busy , we’ve been friends forever blah blah blah and my niece has just smashed the glass on my back camera 😭
  • Options
    Omg think I am allergic to Teddy. (My dog).

I sleep with him in my bed lol(is that weird?) Anyway I’ve been wondering why I am waking up with swollen eyes & rashes and it’s everytime I have teddy in my room. And I am fine when my sister has him and when I was down Hastings. What am I suppose to do about that lol. I dunno if It is definetly because been fine before this so i don’t know but would be massive co incidence otherwise
  • Options
    I’m such a fuck up 😞
  • Options
    I’m such a fuck up 😞
    You are not, do you want to chat about anything, sending hugs :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    I’m such a fuck up 😞
    Something happened but it’s ok I’ll get over it 💖 thank you though xx
  • Options
    I’m such a fuck up 😞
    Something happened but it’s ok I’ll get over it 💖 thank you though xx
    Here for you :heart:
  • Options
    Feel like I just can't say anything right and everything I think, feel, and do is wrong. :'( 
  • Options
    I have to be up at 6 ( 5 hours ) and I still haven’t got any sleep yet 
  • Options
    Sending hugs @Ariana @Millie2787 @everyone-who's-suffering-at-all xoxo 
  • Options
    Fell asleep at 2 slept through my alarm at 6 which means no college , dreading CAMHS later 
  • Options
    I wish I hadn't woken up. :'( 
  • Options
    CAMHS was really difficult I tried to look positive but she saw I was clearly down and somthing was wrong , hand really difficult conversations 😭
  • Options
    Really Struggling to process things latley Think I’m just going to take time away from the boards and chat for the rest of this week , maybe longer I don’t know . Any of you need me just message me 💖😞
This discussion has been closed.