Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Whoops sorry about last night guys, doing better today <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Not feeling it this year. Feel like I hate Christmas this year which is weird
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Managed to get out of counselling today and the worst part is I'm happy about it. I really dread it so much I don't know why I just know that it makes my weeks worse prior knowing I have to do it 

I just feel bad for wasting sessions 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,785 Master Poster
    I just feel really low about myself. 😭☹ Sorry.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    @Dancer you have nothing to be sorry for. I’m sorry to hear how low you’re feeling. You’re an amazing person and we’re all here if you ever need anything  <3
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I’m sad 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Accidentally double post
  • Options
    Fucking kill me
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Mental health team told me to find my own therapist. Apparently I'm not in enough of a bad place for them.

Clearly nobody gives a flying fuck about me
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    :( Feeling quite low. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    We’re here for you @Shaunie ❤️ 
  • Options
    If know me then know I love Christmas. But this year could not hate it anymore than I do this year. Never thought I’d say that but fml everything is such a stress
  • Options
    SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    edited December 2020
    Me: *wants to absent from english course because everything is tiring and couldn't concetrate
    My family: U lazy fool, you're gonna ended up like those lazy native people (spit spat about stereotype racism)
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • Options
    This week is just getting worse and worse. 
    I'm really struggling with work, really struggling with all my jobs. I feel like I just don't stop
  • Options
    I can't 
  • Options
    I've pushed myself too hard. Hard enough to cause myself to faint last night.. working going on 50+ hours the past few weeks, I'm on my feet 12-14 hours a day at the moment.. 
    I'm exhausted. 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Laine said:
    Vascular dementia may be rare in people under 65 but it doesn't mean my dad hasn't managed to be diagnosed with it. This year continues to surprise me lol 

I am so so sorry to hear that Laine 😢 I wish I could make it all go away. Having sick parents is so difficult especially when there's nothing you can do about it. I lost dad to heart failure when he was around 50 so I can relate to some of the feelings you may have. Our door is always open here at The Mix and please please please dont feel like you can't share because you're also taking on some important roles over here🤓

Sending huge hugs to you Laine 💓

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Laine said:
    Thanks a lot @Salix_alba_2019 ! Dad's got heart failure too can't count everything on one hand lol it's melodramatic but I often find myself wondering if it's his last Christmas I hope not cause I want to spend one with him. 
    Hope you feel better soon and are able to relax x
    Your so strong, the fact that your dad is very ill and you still continue to to what you do on the boards is truely commendable 🥺💓
This discussion has been closed.