Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Being moaned at and called stupid for ordering my perscription before lockdown... I tried to explain that I I run out on the 6th and generally need more.. but stupid people are seeing me as a panic buyer and it's putting me off wanting to collect my meds tomorrow
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    My hearts annoying me now 
    Can't do anything without racing and discomfort.

Cardiologist says we'll it's physically fine just take those meds but they aren't working 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Think I'm depressed, not really in the mood to do anything. Struggling with my physical assessment for my application. 

Feeling really sad and not interested in anything. Really want to sleep and don't have much motivation. 

Don't have any mental health support right now for the first time really in years and I'm not sure what I want to do. 

I'm getting advocacy from WhoCares?Scotland which I'm feeling positive about. It just doesn't feel like a massive win even though I know it should be. 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    edited November 2020
    TW SLf harm

Went to collect my meds. While I was there I showed a picture of my self harm. And asked if it looked infected she said yeah and to go to walk In centre or call 111 for antibiotics ahh na i cba for that.

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    On verge of self harming again. I don’t want to be alive
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Had someone blow up in my face for refusing to have sex. My no wasn't okay until I had given them a good enough reason.  You don't owe anyone an explanation for refusing sex. I've been called manipulative, attention-seeking, and selfish for doing so. 

No means no.

When things like this happen, talk to other people, let them know what's happened because people like that are so dangerous and manipulative. Had I not spoken to people I wouldn't have had the courage to stand up for myself the way I did.

• Options
    I can't escape my own mind
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Four weeks and shingles is still breaking me. I can't deal with this anymore,

The constant pain. My health. Just don't see the point anymore :(
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    😭🥺
  • Options
    Four weeks and shingles is still breaking me. I can't deal with this anymore,

The constant pain. My health. Just don't see the point anymore :(

Sending hugs
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you @GreenTea
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    edited November 2020
    There are loads of fireworks outside although they should be banned at the moment (I think that they are allowed on 5th November, 31st December and a few other days in the year but other than that only at official firework displays which is definitely not what is happening.) It is really scary and one of my cats has been hiding under my sisters bed.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    struggling to keep going, my anxiety has been worse, can't even call the gp without worrying about it anymore. I know this thing is a mess but I don't know how to deal with my feelings anymore..
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I had a big coughing for and everyone was still asleep 
  • Options
    My anxiety is so bad at the moment. the physical impact his horrible. This morning I threw up and then sat crying and shaking on the floor. I'm struggling to physically string a sentence together without tripping over my own words. The constant feeling of being punched in the stomach has become a normal sensation... 
    All this Anxiety over the thought of going back to work....
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    have an appointment with my counsellor tomorrow. I think this will be my third or fourth session and I'm still really anxious whenever it's almost time for my appointment, and at this point idk if it's helping me yet. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    have an appointment with my counsellor tomorrow. I think this will be my third or fourth session and I'm still really anxious whenever it's almost time for my appointment, and at this point idk if it's helping me yet. 
    I get this everytime with any appointment. I used to always look forward to see counsellor as soon as the last one finished but weirdly enough felt super anxious before seeing her. I think it might be common and doesn’t mean it’s not help. It’s a big deal. 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Shaunie said:
    I get this everytime with any appointment. I used to always look forward to see counsellor as soon as the last one finished but weirdly enough felt super anxious before seeing her. I think it might be common and doesn’t mean it’s not help. It’s a big deal. 
    Thank you @Shaunie <3 yeah im just not sure cause I don't really feel better in general. Good to know im not the only one who's always anxious before the appointments though 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Vertigo seems to play up in the evening. 

They guy I'm talking to is really really good at reading me, I didn't expect to cry and its all because of how attentive he is. I actually haven't been able to cry for a ew days despite needing to. There's sn anniversary coming up and he knows about it but I don't feel like I want to talk about because I don't want to be sad. He's so lovely, sometimes it's a lot but I understand that he just very loving. 

I don't want things to get too heavy, because I want our "relationship" to be fun and not so serious. I have to be able to cope and more so since comming off meds and being entirely out MH resources. 

• Options
    First full day back at work and I'm so anxious
  • Options
    DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    First full day back at work and I'm so anxious
    I know how you are feeling why don’t you go in early abs sit in the canteen on your own for a bit so you aren’t getting in at the deep end if you know what you mean 
  • Options
    Can’t breath
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    struggling to feel safe with my thoughts, have no one to talk too and just feel very hopeless honestly
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Came to the realisation that I never get to the point where I think things are bad. I just sort of go through these periods of not being okay every now and again. 

I thought that once uni was over I'd be able to leave my struggles in the past. It's not been like that at all 😅 most of all it's being unemployed and feeling lonely. 
This discussion has been closed.