Home Health & Wellbeing

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 9,340 Supreme Poster
    Really struggling to find the words to express how I feel

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

errrinindependent_Anch0r33jurlew4111
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 5,355 Part of The Furniture
    All I ever do in life is try my hardest to please others, make others happy, etc but no one, literally no one gives a shit about me and how I feel. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    errrinGreenTeaAnch0r33EleanorKasa2103jurlew4111
  • errrinerrrin Posts: 104 The Mix Convert
    @independent_  you’re a really wonderful person and you’ve helped me a lot. I’m sorry things are really tough right now. If you ever need someone to talk to I’m happy to listen. I wish you the best  :)
    independent_Anch0r33jurlew4111
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 5,355 Part of The Furniture
    @errrin thank you <3 it’s just people offline making me feel like complete and utter shit. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    errrinAnch0r33jurlew4111
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Always Look Up. Optimism > PesimismPosts: 229 Trailblazer
    I have a lot to look forward to - but I feel I have nobody to share that with...a hug or two would be appreciated right now.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
    independent_errrinAnch0r33jurlew4111
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 888 Part of The Mix Family
    I just applied for a supervisor position at my weekend job. I know I won’t get it because much better people have applied but I really want it. 
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    really, really bad place and mindset all of a sudden trying to just get through it
    errrinindependent_Anch0r33jurlew4111
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Crazy Rat Lady 🐀 Posts: 566 Incredible Poster
    I need to finish my assignment today which I will get done. 

But I don't feel like doing it and I sat the whole day yesterday staring at the screen and got NOWHERE. 

I think I'm getting too distracted by everything that's going on for me right now and that needs to stop. 

I can't think about my past when I need to concentrate on my future and I can't think about my past without proper support - but it just keeps popping into my head. 

It's frustrating and I don't really know what to do. I've been talking to people on here but I don't know if it's opening up wounds that I won't be able to close by myself. 

My uni counselling told me they can't help me - she also mentioned that they can only offer 5 appointments and that I'd just be worse off because it would only just start to dive into my problems and then they'd have to leave me. 

Why can't they just offer me more long term support?? It's really unfair. 

I feel really unsupported by the "medical professionals" and I'm very thankful to have you guys. 
    👁️👄👁️
    errrinindependent_jurlew4111Salix_alba_2019
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,354 An Original Mixlorian
    Managers bitch on the shop floor about people and I always hear them. I’m tempted to speak to senior manager today and not complain just vent lol

independent_DandelionAnch0r33Lainejurlew4111
    TW self harm

I can’t stop the urge to SH. And I’m so ashamed of what I’ve already done. I sometimes think I don’t realise how bad things are getting until they’re really bad.
    DandelionAnch0r33Lainejurlew4111
    Dandelion said:
    I just applied for a supervisor position at my weekend job. I know I won’t get it because much better people have applied but I really want it. 
    I got an interview 😬 now I just need to ask my manager at my weekday job if I can take the afternoon off to go for it. 
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,354 An Original Mixlorian
    Shaunie said:
    Managers bitch on the shop floor about people and I always hear them. I’m tempted to speak to senior manager today and not complain just vent lol
    I don’t know why I thought I had the confidence to do this 😂

independent_jurlew4111
    Good luck @Dandelion

Dandelionjurlew4111BenjiWolf
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 1,081 Wise Owl
    It's quite upsetting having your mental state questioned. 
    independent_ShaunieerrrinAnch0r33Mel_BenjiWolf
  • LaineLaine Animal crossing Mama On a break 💕Posts: 2,478 Boards Champion
    Sometimes sleep just eludes me

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    errrinindependent_Anch0r33Mel_GreenTeaBenjiWolf
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    self harm free for 4 days...
    errrinGreenTeaBenjiWolfDandelionindependent_
  • Emoji246Emoji246 Posts: 456 Listening Ear
    Thinking of cancer 😞😓😥
    BenjiWolfDandelionindependent_Salix_alba_2019
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 406 Rank not found
    It’s bothering me why I couldn’t do an acting challenge with youth group today 
    BenjiWolfDandelionindependent_Salix_alba_2019
    I’m so nervous for my interview tomorrow 😬
    BenjiWolfindependent_Salix_alba_2019
  • BenjiWolfBenjiWolf Posts: 3 Newbie
    Mam trying to call me, I don't want to speak to her right now. Hovering over the one to one chat questioning whether to use it 
    Dandelionindependent_Salix_alba_2019
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,649 Community Veteran
    Feel so unwanted right now :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Dandelionindependent_errrinBenjiWolfSalix_alba_2019
    Go for it @BenjiWolf, they’re very good on the 1-2-1 chats!!

@Millie2787 sending hugs <3 we care about you here!
    BenjiWolf
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Crazy Rat Lady 🐀 Posts: 566 Incredible Poster
    Had to cancel my skating lesson today because I was ill during the night. Ughhh 
    👁️👄👁️
    independent_
    When your local A&E has changed their system and you now have to book an appointment to be seen by ringing 111 and they are turning people away at the doors...
    One of the comments on the news article is from a girl who rang 111 for mental health crisis and she was told to manage at home.
    This completely puts me off the whole idea of going to a&e in crisis.. something my doctor and I agreed I should do.

I'm not in crisis by the way. I'm just angry that a&e are turning people away if they don't have an appointment slot

Astrid Alauda

independent_errrinAidan
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 406 Rank not found
    I have had a headache all day 
    errrinindependent_
    Could more things possibly go wrong in one day. Having to self isolate because mum has covid symptoms. One of my sisters is being an arse and won’t come home to isolate. And I just found out that the other (who doesn’t live with is so not isolating) has been in a car accident (minor, but still going to A&E). 
    Laineerrrin
  • EleanorEleanor Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,564 Extreme Poster
    @independent sending all the hugs in the world ❤️
    Alis propriis volat 
    independent_
    I'm not in a good place physically or mentally and I just feel like people constantly trying to upset me at the moment. Everyone is mad at me because I'm self isolating and taking a covid test but it's not my fault? Illnesses spread and just happen..

Astrid Alauda

independent_Aidanerrrin
    Just sat crying. Had enough.

Astrid Alauda

independent_
    I’m feeling really really Bad

independent_errrin