Home Health & Wellbeing
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 719 Incredible Poster
    My heart feels like it’s racing 
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    independent_joyaKasa2103
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Posts: 926 Part of The Mix Family
    I  didn't expect to cry but here I am

Mum's had some health problems going as far back as I remember. It is getting worse and I just want her to be comfortable. I don't want her to worry any more than she needs to. She's experienced enough loss as it is and she lives with chronic pain. When I see a post about people refusing to wear masks especially from close people it hurts. I have already lost a parent. I never want to experience that kind of pain again. I will never fucking forget seeing my dad dead and lifeless body in a casket. I don't want to bury my mum any time soon because of selfish people. I have a dad shaped hole in my life that's never going to go away. fuck you selfish people fuck you

independent_GreenTeaAriannajoyaDandelionKasa2103StarlightEGMJellyelephant
  • AriannaArianna Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    @Salix_alba_2019 Huge hugs. Thinking of you. I’m sorry things are like this. :(x
    Salix_alba_2019joyaKasa2103
  • StarlightStarlight 💃danceaholic🩰 Posts: 1,334 Wise Owl
    I feel so horrible, what did I ever do to deserve this? 
    There’s a million things I haven’t done, but just you wait!

* Shine like the star you are! *
    Dandelionindependent_joyaKasa2103Salix_alba_2019
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,957 An Original Mixlorian
    Llŷr (Dr Alex’s brother fromLove island) lost his battle to mental health:’(

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

independent_StarlightjoyaKasa2103
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,162 Community Veteran
    I saw that thing on the news. It is quite sad but unfortunately a lot of people on Love Island secretly battle mental health issues or have a loved one that are secretly battling mental health issues. We all need to be there for each other through the hard times.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    independent_Starlightjoya
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 8,438 Legendary Poster
    I am struggling. I am not ok 

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

independent_StarlightLiamAriannaMel_joyaEGMKasa2103Salix_alba_2019
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 719 Incredible Poster
    I can’t deal with this
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    StarlightGreenTeaLiamindependent_AriannajoyaEGMKasa2103Salix_alba_2019
    Watched Casualty this morning and it triggered me. Relieved the day that my dad passed away . 
    GreenTeaLiamindependent_AriannajoyaDandelionEGMKasa2103Jellyelephant
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 4,771 The Mix Elder
    im fighting a losing battle here.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    GreenTeaAriannaMel_joyaDandelionEGMSalix_alba_2019Kasa2103
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    I give up. The constant promises of we will call you tomorrow and they don't. I hate feeling like this, I hate everything.
    independent_joyaDandelionEGMSalix_alba_2019Kasa2103
  • joyajoya Posts: 210 Trailblazer
    Sending hugs to all, you're strong, keep going, keep fighting, things will be okay.
    everything always goes ^^
    GreenTeaSalix_alba_2019independent_EGMAriannaKasa2103
  • AriannaArianna Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    I was talking with my mum about this girl in my year at school who was all set for quadruple A*/ uni offer at Cambridge levels of glory. And she was more than capable, had done the entrance tests and the interviews to prove it. And then she walked out of school with maybe BBC, perfectly respectable but perfectly ordinary grades. It wasn’t that she couldn’t have done it - she was smart enough. She had the ability. She just fluffed it. My mum says she was distracted by her boyfriend, that sometimes people don’t succeed just because they don’t have the willpower or the determination to work hard for it.

And it it is fucking terrifying to me that you can have all this potential, all this ability, and that means nothing. It doesn’t mean you’ll get anywhere. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you will. You know?

And I have spent so many years of my life feeling like this. There is something that feels something like tragic about it, that I have lost this many years of my life to mental illness, that I can’t get that time back, or this second, or this second. That people say your twenties are meant to be the best days of your life and it’s all downhill from there, but at 19 I don’t have the fucking energy to get out of bed in the morning. And it is terrifying that every second of this is lost potential.

My mum talks about a boyfriend as a distraction that makes you fluff it, means you miss out on what you could have achieved. But what if it’s mental illness? My memory is shot. There’s so much stuff my mum says I’ve told her or she’s told me and I don’t remember any of it. I’ll have a conversation that gets interrupted and guys, I kid you not, I won’t remember what we were talking about for the life of me. I have no attention span, I can’t concentrate, I have no motivation or energy for shit. 

I have sat so so many important exams - a levels, entrance tests, finals - having spent the days and weeks running up to it staring at the fucking wall and wanting to die instead of preparing. I’ve got where I am purely by luck and it is fucking terrifying to me that one day fluke may not work in my favour. That I could have had so much ability, so much potential, and I could just fuck it up. Just like that. Because of a girlfriend I spent too much time on the phone to. Or a mental illness.

Please hugs? Please please please. I know this is long. I am sorry. I just. Everything’s so much.
    independent_joyachubbydumplingSalix_alba_2019Kasa2103_AJ_Starlight
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨ England 🏠Posts: 10,957 An Original Mixlorian
    TRIGGER WARNING

this girl that I meet in group therapy that I now follow on tiktok. Tried to end her life recently. She’s now in a wheelchair got brain injuries and just loads of injuries for it. And guess what. She got discharged back home straight after the physical stuff.  Not even sectioned.  I mean that just says the level of Help in my area. 

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

Ariannaindependent_Dandelion_AJ_LiamjoyaKasa2103Jellyelephant
    I reckon I'd feel a lot better mentally if I could sleep better... Can't remember the last time I had a good sleep

Astrid Alauda

Salix_alba_2019independent_EGMDandelionLiamjoyaMel_Kasa2103
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,458 Boards Guru
    Woke up with that sick nervousness in my tummy :( 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    DandelionLiamSalix_alba_2019independent_EGMjoyaKasa2103
    Waiting on my blood test results. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to contact them or not?

Getting them done in the first place was secretly fueled by the thought of me being poisoned. It's all meaningless now since they're not doing a drug test but it could tell me why I've been feeling a bit tired. I didn't want to tell the GP about my "worries" as I didn't want her to write it on my file or get the CMHT involved or not do the blood test.

independent_DandelionGreenTeaMel_chubbydumplingKasa2103Jellyelephant
  • Mel_Mel_ Posts: 174 Helping Hand
    edited August 4
    So it's been 3 and a half weeks and I have finally washed my hair, it was getting so gross ugh. Took me over an hour to deal with the matted hair...which was a mess...
    independent_Kasa2103Dandelion_AJ_
    Taking diazepam for the first time and not sure if I should take it today as going to work and could make me very tired?

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

independent_Kasa2103Dandelion_AJ_
    Cuddles with teddy before work

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

Jellyelephantindependent_Kasa2103Dandelion_AJ_
    Had a stressful Morning and now I have a headache and want to just cry

Astrid Alauda

independent_Mel_Kasa2103DandelionSalix_alba_2019
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 791 Part of The Mix Family
    My nana has been told her cancer is now terminal  :'(
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    independent_AriannaMel_chubbydumplingGreenTeaSalix_alba_2019Millie2787Kasa2103EGMDandelionShauniejoya_AJ_Starlight
  • Millie2787Millie2787 🐶 💜 Posts: 3,458 Boards Guru
    Oh @Jellyelephant I’m so sorry sending you so much love 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Kasa2103joyaJellyelephant
  • EleanorEleanor Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 1,139 Wise Owl
    Sending out hugs to those who need them <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Kasa2103joya
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 4,771 The Mix Elder
    edited August 4
    should not have looked at facebook today. It's results day up here and honestly seeing all the people I knew from school posting about their amazing achievements was really hard for me to read when I'm sitting here with no plan for life at all atm cause im struggling so much... I mean like im proud of them all obviously they've all done so well for themselves and they deserve it so much but it reinforces the thought in my head that i can never get anywhere in life despite what i do
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    joyaAriannaSalix_alba_2019
  • joyajoya Posts: 210 Trailblazer
    edited August 4
    im in the apathic mood: i dont feel nothing, even bad or good; someone died? like, cool, doesn't matter now. your sister isnt pregnant, even when you prayed that much to be, hm, fuck that... doesnt matter anymore. and this its terrible, because i want to self harm so bad to feel something again,

and i can take myself into a deep level of apathy that my life its just a piece of nothing, and kill myself its very easy, so yeah, im worried

everything always goes ^^
    independent_Mel_AriannaSalix_alba_2019Liam
    Been looking at the mental health side of social media. Imo it’s all a bit toxic. Even just ones that don’t say triggering stuff. tbh. Cause people post about their mental health. Get likes and followers for their mental health. Isn’t that just feeding it? I might be missing something i don’t know but how can get better like that. I don’t know. Confused. Cause if they end up feeling like they don’t need that account anymore for that use anymore then the people who was following them won’t be as interested so they may fee have to most mental health related stuff. I’m confused but yeah each to their own. I’d never post how I feel on social media or make mental health account. And this is not about anyone on here this is just a general view after seeing tiktoks mental health side and then just viewing all social media

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

independent_joyaDandelionLiam
    Trying to support friends while falling apart myself is so hard. 
    Spent evening with a friend going through a lot and I feel really drained from it. I love supporting friends but when struggling myself it's a little harder

Astrid Alauda

Ariannaindependent_Salix_alba_2019joyaMel_Liam
    edited August 5
    I hate to say it but some people don’t want to get better. Wheather they know it or now. It’s not their fault actually apart of MH. I just can’t be around those people. 

Obviously No one on here. I just need to stop looking at the mental health side of social media

𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘 💕💕

Liam
    edited August 5
    Feeling really overwhelmed

Astrid Alauda

Liamindependent_AriannaMel_