Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Really fucked up this evening n
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Omg I’m feeling so awful I don’t want to go to work tomorrow 😭i don’t know what to do. If I call in sick they will know it’s because I was supposed to do overtime 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    Really fucked up this evening n
    Hope your alright! Sending massive hugs your way!! <3<3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Why is my brain so opposed to sleeping? Why does it scare me so much I just can't do it!?
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Feels actually terrible I was crying a lot b4 i went to sleep and now im awake again and i feel that same crappyness
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    There's no good in doing work if you are not on your A game @Shaunie mental health is still a reason to take a day off and hopefully they understand x

I hope you can chill and take it easy 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I wish my body would just cooperate
  • pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Hey 
    I’m not good this morning my depression is bad I keep crying and I don’t want to get out of bed but I need to care for my mum 
    Hey 
    I’m not good this morning my depression is bad I keep crying and I don’t want to get out of bed but I need to care for my mum 
    Hugs <3 are you a young carer for your mum? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Had a really challenging week this week and I'm so mentally exhausted. Lots has happened (can't go into detail because it's under investigation etc) 
    Really hoping for a better week and fast. I just want a break from constant challenges, death and myself at this point. 

Feel like shit
    I don’t want to go to work tomorrow either 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    I understand how you feel, are you working overtime tomorrow? x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    edited July 2020
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    No thankfully but I didn’t go today cause of overtime, tomorrow they’re going to think oh you’re suddenly feeling better than/ you just couldn’t be bother for overtime
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    No thankfully but I didn’t go today cause of overtime, tomorrow they’re going to think oh you’re suddenly feeling better than/ you just couldn’t be bother for overtime
    Hopefully they won’t question it at all I think all they’re asking people at the minute is if you were off because of any of the coronavirus symptoms m, so hopefully it will be alright🤞🏻
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Shaunie said:
    Hey 
    Hugs <3 are you a young carer for your mum? 
    Yes I am 

Struggling with urges all day, feeling completely on edge the past week and i just want a safe space to be heard. 

I feel like I've worked so hard and gone backwards. Ive put up a wall with J's suicide. I want to be able to talk, I want to be able to move forward but I can't and I don't know how to talk about how I feel

GreenTea said:

Struggling with urges all day, feeling completely on edge the past week and i just want a safe space to be heard. 

I feel like I've worked so hard and gone backwards. Ive put up a wall with J's suicide. I want to be able to talk, I want to be able to move forward but I can't and I don't know how to talk about how I feel

Decided to text shout again. They really helped me when I need a space to talk in the past couple weeks
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @Aidan

I am so sorry for your loss, how are you holding up ? 
    Hugs @Aidan <3
    When fireworks in the middle of the night startle you. 
    Sat shaking and panicked
    Massive incident on the road near where I live. Could hear none stop sirens. So many police ambulances and fire bridgade when was walking teddy. Was so so awful to hear :’( it’s heart break to know someone’s life has just changed in the split of a second:’(
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Hopefully they won’t question it at all I think all they’re asking people at the minute is if you were off because of any of the coronavirus symptoms m, so hopefully it will be alright🤞🏻
    @Dandelion I think I’m going to call in sick tomorrow too I’m just too stressed on it being obvious because I didn’t want to do overtime and they would bitch about me. Feel really guilty for calling in sick again And my dad and mum was moaning at me
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    @Dandelion I think I’m going to call in sick tomorrow too I’m just too stressed on it being obvious because I didn’t want to do overtime and they would bitch about me. Feel really guilty for calling in sick again And my dad and mum was moaning at me
    Do you think I should ahh I’m stressing so much about this. What would you do?
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Do what feels right for you @Shaunie ... Mental health is just as important as physical health. Just because you’re not “ill” doesn’t mean you don’t need time off. If you don’t feel up to it, call in and be honest if you feel able to. Try not to stress over it 
    I'm in to much pain to sleep 😭 lack of sleep is affecting my mental health so much
    Liam said:
    Do what feels right for you @Shaunie ... Mental health is just as important as physical health. Just because you’re not “ill” doesn’t mean you don’t need time off. If you don’t feel up to it, call in and be honest if you feel able to. Try not to stress over it 
    Thanks @Liam yeah you’re right just going to call in sick. Feel pathetic but yeah can’t be dealing with the stress of it rn   I don’t call in sick that much 
    edited July 2020
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:

Decided to text shout again. They really helped me when I need a space to talk in the past couple weeks

Update on this. 
    shout were helpful but I feel like I'm starting to rely to much on them. I just wish those around me care enough about me to let me talk, to acknowledge me, listen to me.

I wish I mattered to someone. I have a lot of people around me who don't really listen. I've started to self harm again after managing for a while, I'm crying more, I'm constantly angry. I know my mental health is declining. I know it is but I have no where to seek support for it.
    Multiple people have pulled me up at my sudden weight loss , multiple people are pulling me up for looking so exhausted and pale, yet none of them will give me a space to say why... Instead I get asked what I'm doing to lose weight so quickly and being congratulated for it. 
    I feel so alone and unwanted. It hurts. I kinda wish something would give in and kill me off, kinda want to put myself in unsafe situations so I won't exist... It's so difficult.
    I am safe I just... saying how I feel because I don't feel like anyone wants to listen and even if they don't, I tried to get things off my chest.
    I just want someone to listen and care.. but it feels like nobody wants to. It feels like I don't matter, like I shouldn't exist..
This discussion has been closed.