Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Had a moment of panic after challenging myself today and instead of allowing myself to spiral into self pity, I reminded myself why it was important to take myself out the comfort zone. 

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Have literally had the worst day. Felt awful all day, then the dog managed to get out of the garden (massive panic, thankfully we found him) and now my laptop is making group chat not work. Could any more go wrong in one day
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I need to hurt myself. I can't take this anymore.
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    I swear if school can’t sort anything out for me tomorrow, that’s it!! I don’t know what else I can do anymore 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Just honestly in need of a hug please. 😭☹
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Starlight said:
    I swear if school can’t sort anything out for me tomorrow, that’s it!! I don’t know what else I can do anymore 
    They never even rang!? 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    GreenTea said:
    I need to hurt myself. I can't take this anymore.
    Just wanted to check how you were doing @GreenTea, if there's something specific that is making you feel this way right now we'd all be happy to support you if you make a thread about it :smile:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @GreenTea echo jordan

How are you feeling tody? 
  • Options
    Thank you @Salix_alba_2019 and @Jordan

I'm just fighting through thoughts and urges by keeping myself really busy x
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    My second year uni results get released tomorrow, this was a tough year for me and I’m so scared I’m going to fail 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    My second year uni results get released tomorrow, this was a tough year for me and I’m so scared I’m going to fail 
    Have you worked out what grades you need to average with to what you want? 

• Options
    Dandelion said:
    Have you worked out what grades you need to average with to what you want? 

@Salix_alba_2019 yeah with the unis safety net scheme they put in place because of COVID, as long as you pass your exams from May you’ll at least get an average of your marks from before coronavirus started affecting uni, if that makes sense. Because I had an average of 75 before corona if I pass my exams the lowest mark I can get is 75. Which is obviously good and I’m glad the uni put that scheme in place but I’m still worried I’ve failed as I found it really hard sitting the exams at home 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    My phone is fucked. It says no service and wont let me use my data. How am I going to gp phone calls
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Dandelion holy smokes, you're a bright one!

That's a fantastic place to be at, I'm so so proud of you!!! If you did that well before I'm almost certain that you'll pass your exams.

How come you found it tough sitting your exams at home? 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    My phone is fucked. It says no service and wont let me use my data. How am I going to gp phone calls
    @Shaunie sounds really stupid but have you tried powering it off then back on again when my phone does that it sometimes helps it 
  • Options
    @Dandelion holy smokes, you're a bright one!

That's a fantastic place to be at, I'm so so proud of you!!! If you did that well before I'm almost certain that you'll pass your exams.

How come you found it tough sitting your exams at home? 
    Thanks, it was just so different sitting them at home, I found it harder to focus, and my anxiety was not at a great place then which didn’t really help
  • Options
    Dandelion said:
    Shaunie said:
    @Shaunie sounds really stupid but have you tried powering it off then back on again when my phone does that it sometimes helps it 
    Yeah I replied this took theSim out and In again Aswell. It worked for about 10 mins then stopped again. Saying I need to connect to iTunes on computer to update date setting. Tried that but iTunes said its up to date
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @Shaunie it may be that your phone network is down ! Mine did this a awhile back when my network was down
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    I had issues with my phone network when they were sorting the update to put the trace and track on phones
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    @Shaunie have you a landline? If so maybe give apple support/your network a ring. My phone did that once a few years back and it was an issue with the little receiver thing in my phone and I ended up having it replaced. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    What does network mean. My phone or the sim ? My sim works in my dads phone so it must be my phone. I cant afford a new phone 😢
  • Options
    The network is who you are with. Like three or EE etc
  • Options
    I am so physically and emotionally tired today, I just feel like a zombie. Dragging myself along 
This discussion has been closed.