Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Caught the flu. God damnit. Why can't I get a break.. pneumonia and now the fucking flu, no point trying to get an appointment because they won't see me
  • Options
    People are now panic buying food 😬🙃 looks like I can forget food for a few weeks 🙃🙃
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Feeling very down and sad
  • Options
    tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    Shaunie said:
    Had an argument with my family about karma. They all believe in karma.  I said so you think those kids with cancer deserved that and my mum said yeah. If Havent done anything bad they will be bad people 
    i said what if they die so cant see the future. She said then it was a good thing cause bad person 

horrible to say. 

Now just thinking i went through abuse cause i deserved it then
    Ouch it does seem harsh of a view. I wouldn't agree with that either. But don't let your mum's views influence yours as yours alone.

It is worth knowing though there are numerous different views as to what karma is and it isn't always ppl thinkinh it as u did that so u get this. Like in buddhism and hinduism and that.

So like instead karma as the distortions you accumulate to yourself during your life like trauma or an accident.
    Or how your physical location affects how you live etc.

• Options
    Wish I was dead 
  • Options
    Everything would feel easier if I just had someone to talk to.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea said:
    Everything would feel easier if I just had someone to talk to.
    We are all listening <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I feel better mentally today, physically though it's one thing after the other with my physical health and it's hard
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    really got into *name of food* again and it was my go to when i was in relapse as it was 'safe' and not sure if im getting back into them cause i like them or cause maybe subconciously im heading into relapse.... either way its triggering thoughts...

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Someone made a comment about something so I googled it and did self tests online and now I'm questioning it
  • Options
    Im unwell physically so guess ill ive got a reason to stay in bed anyway
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    When you're ill and everyone jokes you've got coronavirus, then you see the news and there's 2 confirmed cases in your area 🙈😭 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Got half way to the bus stop and realized I forgot my bag with documents in. Lucky someone was there to let me in but the panic it caused me omg
  • Options
    stationary mad has closed down :cry:  
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ugh college in the morning still feeling awful mentally 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    Sending hugs to you Laine.  <3 It sounds like things are feeling quite hard for you at the moment. Take a mental health day tomorrow. Remember that mental health is just as important as physical health. You can't concentrate well if you are burning out whether that is mentally or physically. And if you can't concentrate it will affect your grades at the end. Just take the day off to look after yourself and then catch up with the work when you feel more able to cope. I am sure that your teacher will understand.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I think i have food poisoning or something
  • Options
    Had a seizure this morning 🙄😭 (and yes before anyone jumps down my throat I have spoken to the Dr) 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks @Taz honestly I'm just knackered, and achey 🙄 the Dr doesn't really know what caused it but seeing a more experienced Dr tomorrow so will hopefully get some answers then.. I know that people care, just didn't want them calling an ambulance or anything when I've already spoken to the Dr and don't need to go to hospital (unless I have another one) 😂
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    @Taz had a lovely 2 hour nap with my cat :lol: had a shower and feeling slightly better now :) honestly it could be a few reasons, like he asked about my sleep cause not sleeping much lowers your threshold apparently, my mam has epilepsy but praying it's not that... the list could go on so im trying not to panic just yet :)

Thanks-you, it means a lot :) <3
  • Options
  • Options
    What a day 🙃
  • Options
    Was at the Dr's today and had a coughing fit in the waiting room, was sat near my colleague cause we were talking and he moved to the other side of the waiting room 😂😭 my own fucking colleague! Like I have to work with you anyway 💁‍♀️ didn't know whether to laugh or cry! 
  • Options
    When being triggered sends your whole world into shut down.
    Urge to sh, crying, really upset and stressed
  • Options
    Just to clarify, am safe
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    When being triggered sends your whole world into shut down.
    Urge to sh, crying, really upset and stressed

I feel you, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Take your time to process it (sends hugs) it's okay to cry 💗
  • Options
    Really on edge today. My brother's fiancee (also I've become really good friends with her) is having major surgery today and I'm worried and anxious and just hoping to goes ok. 
  • Options
    The number of coronavirus patients has tripled here, I'm not worried about me getting it like I've been suicidal for years 😂 but starting to worry about my family.. Also can't afford time off work if it comes to that 😥 like I'm signed off just now and panicking about how I'm gonna afford rent 😢
This discussion has been closed.