Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

[OLD] The 'I need a hug' thread - please read first post before posting :)

Comments

• Options
    thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    In massive need for a hug I can’t cope
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster

@thumperbear sending a big virtual hug <3 And I wish you a merry Christmas, though it doesn't sound too merry:(

• Options

PS remember if you really need to talk/are in crisis, there's always help available.

Can always contact Samaritans, phone number's 116 123, I think <3

• Options
    thumperbearthumperbear Posts: 44 Boards Initiate

PS remember if you really need to talk/are in crisis, there's always help available.

Can always contact Samaritans, phone number's 116 123, I think <3

Thank you just really don’t want to be here 
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @thumperbear

Sorry to read you feel this way. Its a really hard time of the year for many. Treat December like any other month and Christmas day like any other day. You don't have to be in the Christmas mood if you don't want to. There is no law to it. We 'll have are nice little ways to celebrate Christmas. If you feel like you need some support at the moment here is the crisis team message information this includes the number for crisis message and more information about the services. 

https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team/crisis-messenger

Keep going your doing so well don't let the December beat you. How about treating December like April or your favourite month or even just a day when something nice happened? It doesn't have to of happened this year.  

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Echoing abi: it can be a really hard time of year but we are all here and there are many support platforms available to you thumper. Sending hugs your way ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    Hey Thumberbear,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, echoing Kathleen and Abi, these support platforms they've shared are available if you need it. You've made a massive step by expressing how you've felt!

How are you feeling at the moment?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2018
    Wish to be dead
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    So tired of feeling so out of place 😐
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Sending oudles of hugs ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Never felt as bad as this before 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Millie *hugs* ❤

if you need to talk I'm here xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Meggles said:
    Consumed so much food over the past 3 days and I'm really really struggling with it. All I want to do is exercise and get rid of j
    Hugs x
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Sending hugs Meggles ❤ And anyone who may need one today xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
  • Options
    Meggles said:
    Get home, calm myself down and then have things made out to be my fault.
    Everything is always my fucking fault aparenatly. I cant do fuck all right unless its relating to harming myself.
    Sending you hugs buddy 💙
  • Options
    Sending hugs Meggles ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Neither of my CAMHS workers are in today and I so needed to talk to one of them 😭
  • Options
    Awe so sorry to hear that @Millie2787 Sending hugs ❤

Have you tried Kooth or The 1-2-1 chat? Xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Laine said:
    Awe so sorry to hear that @Millie2787 Sending hugs ❤

Have you tried Kooth or The 1-2-1 chat? Xo
    Tried Kooth but my councellor isn’t in today - tbh I don’t think there a great fit for me so want to find a new one and I may try the 1-2-1 Thank you 💖
  • Options
    I didn't fit well with my first @Millie2787 So I know how you feel but you can definitely switch if you wish to.
    I did.  They would rather you do so then it not help you xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
  • Options
    Sending hugs Meggles ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The worst thing is knowing a crisis Counsellor cared more About you in the half hour they spoke to you than your parents ever have 😭
  • Options
    my mom and her abusive selfish boyfriend i swear it's driving me nuts :angry: She doesn't even want to recognise that it's unhealthy jesus christ, when will she stop painting him as a brilliant hero of a guy?!?! (i've met him by the way, long story short you can trust me that he's a selfish dick).
  • Options
    Not gonna go into detail just really need a hug on this shouldn't of woke up day, xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Laine said:
    Not gonna go into detail just really need a hug on this shouldn't of woke up day, xo
    Sending you huge hugs 💖
  • Options
  • Options
    Meggles said:
    There was a stabbing literally not far from me last night. 2 people were stabbed and a helicopter was flying low around the area for ages looking for the man who did it. It's made me feel so anxious and unsafe  in my own home
    @meggles I heard about that , sending hugs and I hope you ok today 💖
This discussion has been closed.