Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vote for end of summer post!

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Take your pick from the following August nominations :thumb:

Teagan was nominated by Indrid

Advice on coming out:
Whether you are gay or not, you are surrounded by uncaring, unloving, unloyal and bigoted people. Why do you want to stay in that environment? Regardless of whether you 'come out' to yourself in another town or city, you're wasting your life by clinging on to these people for absolutely no purpose. A new start elsewhere will mean that you will meet people who have no knowledge of your history and they will treat you at face value.

Buttefly Kisses was nominated by Betsy

Embarrassed about sex:
Finally, sex is a very, very personal matter for many people. The choices you make about who you have sex with, how you have sex, and when you have sex (for the first time or the fiftieth time) are yours and yours alone, and it's a journey that people make in thousands of different ways. Please don't be ashamed or worried about your journey not being 'normal' or the same as 'everyone else's'. Ain't no such thing.

Glenn was nominated by Goodfella

Finding love on TheSite:
Year after year I had relationships with women I didn't really fancy and was never really happy with any of them. Then I answer someone's thread on here, we get talking, we arrange to meet and to cut a long story short on Saturday the 21st we celebrated our 1st anniversary together. In that time I moved 200 miles to be with her, I've taken a job here and taken on her daughters as my own. As soon as financial circumstances allow it we'll be getting married too. It took me until I was 35 but I found my Soulmates - cheers TheSite!

CptCoatHanger was nominated by Monserrat

Apple owners:
A 2008 Mac? :shocking:

You must be....what....twenty-six generations behind now!? :d

TintedLens was nominated by clementine_the_tangerine

Better to have loved than lost:
However, one day, when I'm old (if I'm lucky enough to reach old age), or even lying on my death bed and contemplating the events of my life, I can say with a relaxed heart that I won't be wishing for less love, or less hurt. I won't be wishing that I had less emotional experiences, and I won't be wishing that I felt less. Pain is an outcome of something important, or something that meant the world to you. If it didn't, it wouldn't hurt.

:d

Vote for end of summer post! 22 votes

Teagan
36% 8 votes
Glenn
4% 1 vote
Butterflykisses
22% 5 votes
CptCoatHanger
9% 2 votes
TintedLens
27% 6 votes