Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Monica’s Vegetable Stew

1 C. (about 3)Thickly diced parsnips (these look like white carrots and taste sort of spicy)

1 C. (about 3)Thickly diced carrots

½ C. Onions (cut sauté style, don’t chop very fine)

½ C. Chopped celery (coarsely cut – not fine)

2 C. Water (may need to add more if boiling over stove because it will reduce more quickly)

Salt and black pepper to taste

2 medium size red potatoes cut up (about 1 ½ cups)

½ Can of Kidney Beans

Put the water, carrots, parsnips, onion, celery, potatoes and salt and pepper in the Crockpot and set to high to cook for about 2.5 hours – or if you use a regular stove top, just bring to a boil and boil until you can stick a fork into the carrots (not too soft though). Then simmer for about an hour so the flavors meld. Drain the can of Kidney Beans and add about half of the can to the stew. Add more salt to taste and serve! (use from ½ to 1 can of kidney beans – I put in extra beans in my husband’s bowel:) The liquid you started with should cook down substantially so it really isn’t like a soup broth…more of a filling stew. The parsnips add a great flavor and surprisingly the kidney beans make it seem “meaty”. My husband is not a fan of vegetables, but he LOVED this and I did too. But the best part is, it is totally healthy, filling and from what I can figure, about 70 calories per 1 ½ cup serving! Wa-lah!

Semi-Healthy Quick Bread
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Monica’s Vegetable Stew 3 votes

I love it!
33% 1 vote
It's good!
0% 0 votes
It's ok!
33% 1 vote
It's not for me!
33% 1 vote