Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vote for post of the week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right then folks - voting time.

Three nominations are up -

Rich_Le_John and his serious problem (can't wait to fit that on the community homepage ;) )
Serious advice needed
I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends, you don't know them".

I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

Anyway, I have never approached her about this. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.

I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Should I take it into the garage or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself?

Purpledhaze's school songs
"Gooey-Gooey was a worm,
lived down by the railway tracks,
along came a dirty great choo-choo,
Gooey-Gooey... SPLAT!"

and the football song "I had a favourite brother, his Christian name was Paul, and since he joined the football club, he's mad about football. He took four paces backwards, and shot right at the goal, the ball went sailing over the net and landed in New York..."

And a song about witches and britches and scintillating stitches and lady putting powder on noises. I can't remember all that one...

We got to sing this in junior school assembly, with the teacher on acoustic guitar, fun times.

Of course, we also did "proper songs" too...

edit: and it wasn't a grammar school

And finally FireFly85's cat hat
My kitten brings things to play with from downstairs into the bedroom at night, e.g. toy mouse, foil ball, nail file. She also sleeps on my pillow with me so sometimes I wake up with a set of cat paws either side of my head (like I'm wearing a cat hat) and a toy mouse in bed with me.

Alrighty then, over to you for the voting :)

Vote for post of the week 31 votes

Rich_Le_John
67% 21 votes
Purpledhaze
6% 2 votes
FireFly85
25% 8 votes