Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the week poll

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there, thanks for all your nominations :thumb: We've wittled them down to our faves...many words of wisdom this week.

So who's it going to be?

Jamelia
jamelia wrote: »
I think when you have broken up with someone it's important to go back to your regular hangouts, to do all the stuff you used to do with them but with other people. That way the places don't come to have this terrible painful significance or make you sad - you just make new memories there that help to deal with the painful ones.

Purplestarfish
I wasn't really expecting much, but I was really impressed with them. I first rang them and asked them to ring me back as I didn't have enough credit. I spoke to a lovely woman who gave me time to put on music so I wasn't heard, and she just reassured me and just basically asked me some guiding questions and I was able to get a lot out, and she listened.

The best thing about them is that they don't tell you what to do. They might make some suggestions, but unlike other people I've talked to about various things, they will let you make your own decisions, and help you through whatever you choose. They're completely non-judgemental and I genuinely felt comfortable talking to this woman which surprised me.

The conversation we had did have quite an effect on me, it helped me see options that I didn't really see before, and she really made me good when I needed it.

Olive
Olive wrote: »
I also think it helps to think of depression as a disease. Don't say 'I am depressed', say 'I have depression', the way you would have a cold. And yeah, you might have another cold in the future, but it's curable and it's temporary and it doesn't define you.

And if it doesn't define you, it can't possibly make you a failure.

Flashman's Ghost
stargalaxy -I'm told there is actually a committee in Parliament whose sole job is to identify arcane and irrelevant old laws like this so they can be taken off the statute book. There are most likely some even stranger laws they've discovered.

Flashman's Ghost - I believe its called the Labour Party and some of the strange laws are things like Habeas Corpus (can't have things in Latin modern Britain - elitism you know?)

Glenn Quagmire
I love being called a 'loser'... it shows how full of shit the other party is if they're willing to judge on 10% of the facts. So before you call someone a loser, try opening your eyes a little first...

Post of the week poll 21 votes

Jamelia
14% 3 votes
Purplestarfish
9% 2 votes
Olive
38% 8 votes
Flashman's Ghost
9% 2 votes
Glenn Quagmire
28% 6 votes