Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Vietnam vs. Thailand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ssssooooo, change of career plan again (temporarily at least). I found out that both of these countries offer the CELTA teaching course in $US. And considering this great exchange rate at the moment, it'd cost the same to get a flight out there and do it as it would to do it at a university over here. And naturally doing it over there would allow me to get a job straight after. Now in professional terms, Vietnam is the clear winner so far, with wages for English teachers being higher, and (I think) living costs being much lower. Plus the fact that in Thailand, you have to leave the country and come back to switch your student visa for a work visa, whereas Vietnam just let you switch in the country.

But anyway I wanted the opinions of anyone who's been to either or both on the culture and livability of each country.

Oh and feel free to vote on my poll, which will in no way influence my decision.

Vietnam vs. Thailand 12 votes

Thailand
83% 10 votes
Vietnam
16% 2 votes
Post edited by JustV on