Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Store Cards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering if any of you could help me?

I read a while back that people can use their Arcadia group store cards (Dorothy Perkins, TopShop, TopMan, Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Burtons.... etc) to obtain cash advances at BHS. Does anyone know if this still applies?

This is the only way I will be able to afford my festival ticket!!

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Store Cards
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I was wondering if any of you could help me?

I read a while back that people can use their Arcadia group store cards (Dorothy Perkins, TopShop, TopMan, Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Burtons.... etc) to obtain cash advances at BHS. Does anyone know if this still applies?

This is the only way I will be able to afford my festival ticket!!

i heard that too but i wasnt sure if it was right. have you tried looking on their website or terms and conditions of your card??

hope it is the case so you can go to your festival :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Store Cards
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i heard that too but i wasnt sure if it was right. have you tried looking on their website or terms and conditions of your card??

hope it is the case so you can go to your festival :)
    Yeah I had a look at their website and can't find anything so I emailed them. I am thinking of perhaps just popping to BHS and asking them about it!
  • Options
    That would be a fantastically expensive way of getting cash. Can't you borrow the money off someone?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    That would be a fantastically expensive way of getting cash. Can't you borrow the money off someone?
    Nope. Parents have no money, and I don't know anyone else. My friend has agreed to buy my ticket on her credit card and I can give it her back in two installments.

It turns out I can get the money from Debenhams though.