Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex and maturity

I don't wish to sound like I'm being a patronising old fool again (though I probably am being) but it is scaring me how immature so many posters on here appear to be.

A case in point is the poster who won't use contraception because a) he can't come and b) he's scared of the side-effects of the pill. The side effects of the pill are nothing compared to pregnancy, and it does deeply worry me that people who are unable to grasp this simple concept consider themselves mature enough to be having sex.

Which leads me onto my question.

For those who have already had sex, did you think you were old and mature enough to deal with it? With hindsight were you, or were you mistaken?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Sex and maturity 61 votes

yes and yes
67%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 41 votes
yes and no
24%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownlittlemissyUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 15 votes
no and yes
0%
no and no
8%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 5 votes