Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Where Do I Spend My New Year?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, I've been with my bf for 3 months. And I adore him, love him infact. He's the most amazing thing to have happened to me in a well over a year. Last new years, I was depressed, slightly pissed although knowingly feeling too vulnerable to get too sloshed, collapsed infront of my ex crying my eyes out - feeling low, worthless, wanting to die and crappy. The year before I was with my ex - we were happy though he spent the evening complaining I'd had a sip of wine and being the proper and prim gentleman who always strived to be...spent the night trying to father me (who was so far from drunk ON NEW YEARS EVE DAMMIT!) but still, I was ok if not annoyed that my bf of the time was so up himself. The year before, I was on the phone to my ex-bestest mate who was stuck in his remote house whilst his alcoholic parents were out drinking, seeing in the new year just the two of us having being just dumped by my ex ex on new years eve...he was a violent and horrible person anyway so bloody good riddance for a whole day till he asked to start again...

This year is different. I have a fun, loving, sweet bloke who loves and adores me as much as I love and adore him! I'm so flung to the other end of the spectrum compared to last year it feels unreal! All my previous new years have been spent at the same friends house. This is my last year before uni, all of my most important and incredible friends will be there. But my bf won't be. Because he'll be at a friend of ours house in some remote village and however much I love the girl whose holding that party, this'll be one of the few opportunities that ALL my friends (some I've known since reception, some in past year) will all be under one roof. I just want my bf to be there. We fell out today (very briefly but still flinging our views across) and I just feel like I wanna be with my friends than at some girls place where I hardly know the people. My boyfriend won't know many of the people but maintains that I can see my friends anytime I want - come to the party he's at. There isn't really a compromise here. I want to be with my mates too, not somewhere with just my bf as a familiar face, but at the same time we both want to see in this new year together. What do you people think?

Humungous apologies for my fat post!

Malt xxx :D

Where Do I Spend My New Year? 11 votes

With my friends at a friends house
72% 8 votes
At home, eating chocolate and snubbing the lot of them...as if!
9% 1 vote
With my boyfriend at a slightly good friends house
18% 2 votes